Last updated: May 14th, 2022 at 09:31 am
You may need to move from one email client to another for different reasons. One of the most used email clients is Lotus Notes, and several users also wants to start using it for emailing. To migrate from email clients like Thunderbird, Apple Mail, etc to Lotus Notes users requires performing MBOX to NSF file conversion. Here in this article, we will describe the method to Convert MBOX to Lotus Notes NSF files with easy steps.
MBOX and NSF both are file extension that supports saving users’ important mail folders and other data.
There is a huge number of email applications that supports MBOX files, including Mozilla Thunderbird, Eudora, Apple Mail, Entourage, Spice Bird, and others. With MBOX files all these email clients save users multiple emails with attachments and several more information.
But accessing MBOX files in HCL/IBM/Lotus Notes email client is not possible. The reason is Lotus Notes uses a different file type “NSF” to preserve the user’s profile data. This NSF file type is able to keep emails, calendars, contacts, notes, to-do lists and several more data.
Directly importing emails from the MBOX file to Lotus Notes is not possible, for this reason, users of Lotus Notes need to first Convert MBOX to NSF files.
Easy Solution to Convert MBOX to Lotus Notes NSF files
Please keep in mind that there is no manual method available for converting MBOX to NSF files or importing MBOX files into IBM Notes directly.
So, the best solution is Convert MBOX to NSF files by taking the help of SysInspire MBOX to NSF Converter Software. This utility can convert multiple MBOX files into IBM Notes NSF format while preserving all metadata in the mailbox.
Users can run this software in all editions of Windows O/S including- win 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP, and other editions. With an easy process, users can transfer complete data from MBOX files to new NSF files using this advanced software.
How to Convert MBOX to Lotus Notes NSF in a Few Easy Steps?
- On your Windows machine, download and install MBOX to NSF Converter.
- Open the tool and click the Add Files/Folders option from the menu bar.
- From the next screen Choose the Select File or Select MBOX folder option for adding single or multiple MBOX files. After the selection and file adding process, click the “Next” button.
- Extract MBOX files and get a preview of all emails and attachments.
- Select relevant MBOX email folder and click the Convert MBOX button.
- Choose the NSF option from the Conversion Option menu, and specify a destination path for saving the converted file.
- Finally, click the Convert button to start MBOX to NSF file Conversion process.
After this, the software will now start the MBOX to NSF file conversion process. It will just take a very short time to finish the conversion process and provide you with the best results.
In the article, we have covered the complete process of converting MBOX to Lotus Notes NSF files using SysInspire MBOX to NSF Converter Software. Users can now convert numerous MBOX files to IBM Notes NSF files in a single process without losing any data. The Demo edition of the software is also available for free download. In the Free Demo Version, you may convert MBOX files to Lotus Notes NSF with up to 25 emails from each folder free of cost.