MS Outlook enables the users to work in offline mode with the help of an OST file. Any changes made in the OST file get synchronized with Exchange Server when the connection comes back.
MS Outlook derived a feature named cache Exchange Mode. This feature helps to make the offline tasks quick and secure. Also, it makes easy the process of synchronization between MS Outlook and Exchange Server.
But the problem is sometimes the users had to suffer from the error Exchange is currently in recovery mode during the Synchronization of OST file with Exchange Server.
So in this blog post, I am going to give you the techniques that help you to fix the Exchange Server error. Also, we will discuss the reasons behind this error. Let’s start the topic
Quick Solution to fix “Exchange is currently in recovery mode”
- SysInspire OST to PST Converter offers the users to make the quick OST to PST conversion by fixing all the errors from the OST file.
Reasons behind the error: Exchange is currently in recovery mode
Before fixing the error firstly we have to know the reasons behind this type of error to be careful in the future.
- Copy of mailbox cached in Outlook differs from the MS Exchange copy
- Practice by the user to reset the Exchange Mailbox while the cached Exchange Mode is enabled under the default settings. As result, the new OST file gets created on Outlook and the old OST file kept on the local system
- Issue related to DNS settings and DNS Configuration
- Due to a bad internet connection between the client and server
- When the user export mailbox to a different version of Exchange
Techniques to Fix this Error
Here am going to give you all 3 techniques which are used to fix Exchange is currently in recovery mode error.
Technique No.1: Activate or Deactivate the Cached Exchange Mode
In this method, the users need to deactivate the cached Exchange mode and delete the old OST file. Then, restart the Outlook application and activate the Exchange mode. Lets do it practically:
- Launch the Outlook application and tap on file > Account Settings
- Then choose the mail account and tap on the change option
- In the next window unselect the Use cached Exchange Mode
- Now delete the old OST file with the help of the control panel
- And under the control panel select the Mail tab > Profiles and delete the old profile
- In last just restart the Outlook application and make the creation of a new profile
Technique No.2: Creation of New OST file
You should create a new OST file when you change the Exchange Server because the mismatch of Encryption keys. Follow given steps carefully to do this task:-
- Select the mail option from the control panel
- Choose show profiles option then you will see a window
- Then you need to tap on add to add a new profile provide name to your new profile. Click ok to complete the task
Technique No.3: Using SysInspire OST to PST Converter
If you are facing the problem while using the manual method so it is better to go with this automated solution. SysInspire OST to PST Converter software is anti-virus free software and enables the users to convert OST file to PST. You can try the demo version of this software for your comfort.
Some advanced features of the software are:-
- Fix OST file and convert into PST format with having all email contents
- Provides a preview panel before making the conversion for users satisfaction
- No limitation in the size of OST file for making the successfull conversion
- User friendly interface so any type of person can work with it
- Auto scanning features that will automatically detect the OST file and fix all there errors
How SysInspire OST to PST Converter works?
- Download and launch the Software
- Click on the select OST file option from the top right corner to select the OST file
- After making the selection of OST file you can see the preview of mailbox items
- Choose all the items selectively that you need to export
- Now make the selection of conversion format of OST file and click convert button to finish the process
It is necessary to fix the Exchange is currently in recovery mode error and you can use any technique given above. But if you want a safe process to fix the issue then going with reliable SysInspire OST to PST Converter will be the best choice. Because this error make difficult for the users to access the OST file.
Also Take a look on related posts:- Fix Exchange Jet Error 1811 & 1032