There are multiple databases in a single Exchange Server. And under these databases, users can save multiple mailboxes. The Exchange Server is capable enough to manage multiple databases. But the problem persists when the Exchange database size gets increases. Users can see a decrease meant in the performance speed of the Exchange Server. Hence to overcome these issues users perform various tasks to reduce Exchange database size.
Problems when Exchange Database Oversized
- Database Dismounting with Exchange– Due to the oversized Exchange database sometimes it happens that the database gets dismounted. It means all the connection of the database gets disconnected with the Exchange Server. This issue is very common if you have a large amount of Exchange database.
- Slow Searching- As the Exchange database size gets increases the data load is also increased on the server. And at that time if a user searches for a particular query they need to wait for a long time to get results. When a search appears you’ll see various items with a single search query. In effect, the searching time gets increased.
- Exchange Database gets Inaccessible- When you have a huge size of Exchange database then it has a high possibility to get corrupt. It is seen that the Exchange database corruption can occur without proving any error warning that leads the database inaccessible for the user.
Related Post:- How to Fix Exchange Jet Error 1811 & 1032?
Process to Reduce Exchange Database Size
Usually, the size of the Exchange database increases because their users forget to clear unrequited data. But there are certain tasks you can perform to reduce Exchange database size. We shared some of the useful techniques below:-
1. Delete Unrequired Data
It is one of the most common ways that mostly user uses to maintain Exchange database size. Just delete all the unrequited items from the database but here you need to delete the data very carefully. Don’t delete the required information by mistake. Because it can not be restored again if it gets deleted one time.
In some cases, with this process, some users are still not able to reduce database size then you can follow the technique given below.
2. Back up and Delete the Same Data
If you are facing a problem while deleting the unrequired Exchange database then you can follow this process. Backup the Exchange EDB file database into PST format with the help of the SysInspire Free EDB to PST Converter tool. After backing up the file you can delete all the data from the Exchange database which is the quickest method for all.
Why Choose SysInspire EDB to PST Converter?
If you are going to back up the Exchange database then it is not manually possible for the user to backup each folder item. This tool helps you to convert all the Exchange databases into PST format. So you can take the converted file as a backup. The Demo version of this tool can be downloaded from the website of SysInspire.
Advantages of Reducing Exchange Database Size
Maintaining the size of the Exchange database is not only limited to getting extra space. Apart from this, there are lots of benefits that we will provide you below:-
- Email communication gets faster you can quickly work with emails,
- After reducing the white space of the EDB file you will get extra space. You can use it to store more information related to the emails.
- After having data in a single location you can easily manage all your data.
From this blog, you’ll get to know the various process to reduce Exchange Database Size. But our recommendation is to work with a third-party tool to convert EDB into PST. And after getting a backup of the Exchange database into PST you can delete it.