There are millions of users who use Lotus Notes as their default email client. It allows its users to manage all emails in a single place. But it also has some limitations like if the specific storing limit gets exceed the data file becomes inaccessible.
And when the users want to Open NSF File they start receiving errors. So to don’t face this situation it’s necessary for you to take backup of Lotus Notes emails.
Also, we received various queries from the users related to this backup process.
I Am managing all my emails in the Lotus notes application and over time my lotus notes data limit is very near to be filled. Now am worried about my data store in it. So please suggest me a proper way so I can take backup of Lotus Notes emails to avoid any data corruption scenario.
Hence by considering all the user’s queries we decided to create a blog dedicated to copy mail from Lotus notes as a backup.
So before proceeding directly to the solutions let’s identify the common cause behind this Lotus notes mail backup.
Common needs for taking backup of Lotus Notes Emails
- During the migration from one email client to another so to take the backup of important data.
- To transfer the data from one machine to another.
- For saving the data on external storage devices like hard disk, Pendrive, etc.
- Enables you to access the data without the need for Lotus notes application.
- If any data loss occurs you can restore the information from the backup copy.
Ways to Backup Lotus Notes Database
There are plenty of methods given in the market that tells you “how to take backup of lotus notes emails”. But here we mentioned only the proven solution that also helped us to complete this backup task.
Manual Solution- Exporting Emails into CSV File
- Start the Lotus Notes program
- In the next screen choose only the NSF files you want to take backup. Tap on the open option.
- Now visit file > Export.
- Under the Export Window select the storage path for saving the new file. Now select Comma Seperated Value and hit the Export option.
- It’s time for choosing the data items you want to backup and after choosing click OK.
So after applying the above steps you will be able to backup only selected Lotus Notes data items into CSV format. And after that, you need to import this backup file with NSF data using the Outlook feature.
Note:- Using the manual solution doesn’t allow you to take backup of Lotus Notes Emails you needed. You can only back up a few data items and require a lot of effort and time.
Recommended Professional Solution [ Ease for all Users]
This is the most commonly used method among users to save Lotus notes emails as a backup. Here you need the requirement of the SysInspire NSF Converter tool which is fully protected from any virus.
You can backup all the emails, contacts, calendars, and other items of the Lotus Notes NSF file from this tool. And if you like to backup only selected emails and items you can do this with the check and un-check feature.
Where the users can see all the data items stored in the lotus notes file.
The tool not only works for taking the backup but also allows you to save the backup copy into various formats PST, MBOX, EMLX, MSG, HTML, EML, vCard, and CSV. As shown in the below screenshot.
All you need to do is to select the format according to your preference and run this format on the email client that supports it.
Just go and download this tool and open it. After that, you need to follow the quick guide given below.
- Download the tool and select the NSF file of Lotus notes you like to backup.
- After that software gives a preview of all the data stored in it. Select the folder you needed and click convert.
- In the next window choose any format that the tool offers and tap convert.
- The software takes some time to let the process complete.
From this guide, we try to deliver you the best solution to backup lotus notes database. And here we take the help of both manual and automated methods for taking the backup.
But from my point of view going with an automated solution by using the SysInspire NSF Converter will be the best choice. Because this tool allows you to backup all NSF file data in a few minutes.
You can buy or download this SysInspire NSF Converter from below.