Lotus notes is one of the most best email application developed by IBM. It is basically used to maintain the multiple mailbox items like contacts, tasks, emails etc.
This application allows the users to work either in online or offline mode. The lotus notes saves all the data item in its .nsf file format.
Apart from having multiple features in Lotus notes they also has to suffer from the errors. So in this blog post I am going to share with you the solution of the Lotus Notes Error RRV bucket Corrupt. So lets know the meaning of RRV bucket.
Meaning of RRV Bucket
The full form of RRV is Record Relocation vector. It helps to locate the specific type of data in the lotus notes database such as object identifiers or notes. And when the RRV Bucket gets damaged then the lotus notes is not capable to collect the unique data.
There can be a plenty of reasons that can corrupt RRV Bucket. But here are the most common reasons that you should know:-
- Failure in the hardware
- Inappropriate shutdown of the system
- Virus attack
- Corrupted RRV Bucket
- Errors in the operating system
- Corruption under the NSF file header
How to Fix Lotus Notes Error RRV bucket Corrupt?
Following are the methods to fix this kind of error of lotus notes.
Method No.1- Repair Corrupt Database of Lotus Notes
To fix the RRV bucket corrupt error follow the below steps carefully:-
- Start the command prompt that will help you to change the path directory to your Lotus Notes
- Now enter the command – nfixup.exe X:/<name-and-location-of-the>.nsf
This command fixes all the errors of the NSF file by scanning it.
- Then put the command – ncompact.exe X:/<name-and-location-of-the>.nsf
- In last enter the command – nupdall –r X:/<name-and-location-of-the>.nsf
It will help you to re-create the whole index of NSF.
Method No.2- Rebuild a New Archived Database
Go with the given steps to fix corruption errors by damaged Archived Databases.
- Start the Lotus Notes and tap on file > database > properties
- Check the “i” option
- Now you can see the available disk space even you can check the amount of space lotus notes data is taking
- Then you can easily make changes in the default settings of archive
- Now launch the mail application
- Click on open mail settings option, then tap on Actions >> Archive >> Settings
- Then under the criteria tab select default for the last changes
- In last just press on OK and then apply the Criteria
Automated Solution to Fix RRV Bucket Error in Lotus Notes
After going with the manual methods if you are not able to fix lotus notes RRV bucket error. Then using SysInspire NSF to PST Converter software is the only best choice for you. This tool will help the users to migrate from the platform of lotus notes to Outlook.
This utility allows the users to convert NSF file into multiple formats such as PST, EML, EMLX, MSG, Zimbra ,etc. It will also gives a live preview of NSF file items to inform users what type of data they are going to convert.
As you know there are several reasons behind the error of the lotus notes. So in this article I shared with you the solution to fix Lotus Notes error RRV Bucket Corrupt. And later on we also shared the reasons behind this error and the steps to resolve it. I hope you find this blog post useful.
Get the solution related to below queries:-