Nowadays a large amount users prefer using cloud or web-based emailing programs. As compared to desktop email clients like- Lotus Notes, mostly recommend using cloud applications like- Office 365. Due to this reason, these days Lotus Notes users now want to switch from Lotus Notes to Office 365 Cloud. But they are facing problems while doing this problem. So today we are going to descibe the complete steps on How to Migrate from Lotus Notes to Office 365.
HCL Notes formally known as Lotus Notes and IBM Notes is the most used desktop-based email client. Most organizations use large business communication and perform emailing processes with more security.
It has many security features and as a desktop-based client, it is the best method to send/receive emails in a secure manner. But after the launch of cloud-based applications now most companies are switching their business to the cloud. Like other tasks users also want to make emailing from their web browser.
After moving from Lotus Notes the best cloud service is Microsoft Office 365 for doing business emailing process in a more secure manner. Before talking about the migration steps first check some of the benefits of Lotus Notes to Outlook 365 migration.
Also Read:- How to Import NSF to Office 365?
Why Migrate From Lotus Notes to Office 365?
- Saving data of a desktop-based email client locally is very risky and also users can face size issues with the data file of Lotus Notes. But with Office 365 users get the benefit of directly saving their important data items on a cloud-servers. That’s why with cloud applications there is fewer chances of file corruption and drive size increased issues.
- Users get the facility of accessing their important emails and other data from any location this using any web browser with the cloud-emailing application (Office 365). But, with Lotus Notes it is not users can only access their account from a single machine and location.
- There is no O/S dependency when a user is using any web/cloud emailing service like- Office 365. A user just needs a browser to access their important emails from Office 365 account even a user can access the account from mobile devices.
These are some of the major befits of cloud Office 365 that most organizations want to move from Lotus Notes to Outlook 365 service. If you are also one of those persons who want to do it then in the next section you will get the answer.
How to Migrate from Lotus Notes to Office 365?
HCL/IBM/Lotus Notes supports saving all users mailbox items locally in a file with a .nsf extension on the user’s machine. This file contains complete emails and other items of Lotus Notes users mailboxes. For migration from Lotus Notes to Office 365, users have to Import these NSF files to Office 365 accounts. But Office 365 doesn’t offer any direct option to import NSF files.
So, the only technique which can help you is to use an automated solution to Import NSF files in Office 365. This is now easy with SysInspire NSF File Converter/Importer software. This software has the ability to import selective single or bulk NSF files directly to Office 365 account in simple steps. Also, during the migration, it transfers the data from an NSF file to Office 365 account with maintaining complete information.
Steps to Migrate from Lotus Notes to Office 365 using NSF Converter:-
- Download Lotus Notes NSF File Converter of SysInspire to a windows based machine.
- From the first screen of the software click the Select NSF button.
- Now choose a file selection mode by hitting on the provided radio buttons:- Single file Conversion or Bulk NSF file conversion.
- Select or Search NSF file from its location and hit on Start Scanning button to load all Lotus Notes mailbox and items.
- Get the live preview of all inner components from NSF file and choose the required folders from NSF file.
- Select the required folders from NSF file and then press the Import to Office 365 button from the top menu bar.
- Now add your Office 365 account email address and password in the next opened window. (Apply mail filtering option as per need).
- Now in the final steps click on Connect & Import button to start the Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration process.
With the increasing popularity and higher demand for Cloud emailing services, most companies are now want to switch from their desktop-based email client to Office 365. If you want to migrate from Lotus Notes to Office 365 the above-mentioned method is for you. Follow the above-given steps and directly Export Lotus notes mailboxes to Office 365 account with easy process.