MS Outlook is one of the popular email applications used by several organizations.It has default files OST and PST in which OST file known as Offline Storage Table that offers the users to accesss the data whenever they Offline.
Sometimes, the Outlook OST file Corrupted and it becomes unavailable. And in result, the user faces errors that the Outlook OST file not updating properly. At this time user can take the help of inbuilt Microsoft features.
In this blog post, We will discuss various manual methods used to repair outlook OST data file with their limitations.
Signs behind OST file not Updating
- There is a difference in the message receive in Outlook and Outlook Web Access
- The errors are there when syncing files with the Exchange Mailbox
- The items like mails, contacts are missing in the OST file when we sync the file with the exchange mailbox.
Reasons for Errors while Update OST File Outlook
Here are the most common causes behind the occurrence of error OST file not updating:-
- When an OST file gets corrupted or damaged because of a virus attack
- Creation of the inappropriate profile in Outlook by the user
- When the user is not able to recognize the OST files MS Outlook
- Moreover at times where Exchange Server support files becomes corrupt or are not working appropriately.
Now let’s learn how to repair corrupt outlook OST file by using MS Outlook application inbuilt features. Follow the other step if the previous step does not suit you.
Use SysInspire OST to PST Converter Software to fix any type of OST File error
- This SysInspire OST to PST Converter Software has an advanced scanning feature to make the corrupt OST file usable for the users in a few clicks.
It also give free trial version for the satisfaction of the user to know about how it works.
Manual method 1- Using Microsoft Inbox Repair Tool
If you are using newer versions of Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016, or 2019, then you can use the Scanpst.exe file to repair the OST file. Using these steps you can update the OST file
- Search for scanpst.exe tool in the default location of the MS Outlook program
- Run the inbox repair tool at the same time the pop-up window appear showing the browse option
- Click on the browse button to choose the corrupt OST file path location
- After selecting the OST file location click on the start to fix errors in OST file
- A dialog box will appear that gives an option to take the backup of the OST file database before repairing. Click on the Repair button to start the repair process
- At last, a dialog box window arrives that shows repair is being complete.
Manual Method 2- Re-Creation of OST File
Recreating the OST file is one of the best solutions to fix errors in OST file. To recreate the file, the user has to follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Firstly shut down the MS Outlook application
- Search for the location of the Corrupted OST file and just delete the Corrupted OST file
- After completion of the above steps, Go and open the MS Outlook application. As a result where you find a new OST file get create automatically
Method 3- Check Whether Offline OST file is Synchronized
To resolve the error check whether your offline OST file is synchronized with the Exchange Server mailbox items. Follow these steps:-
- Select the folder and then right-click on the properties
- Tap on the synchronization tab and then verify the statics of the folder.
- If the synchronization process is appropriate, the number of items in the server folder contains the same number of items in the Offline folder.
You can also get the best solution for the query related to :-
However, these manual methods is not very much effective and secured. These methods are not able to repair outlook OST file which are huge in size. Hence the user needs an third party softwrae to fix OST file.
Here is the best tool for all types of users which named OST to PST Converter. That enables the users to fix any type of OST file errors without having any type of professional knowledge.
Method 4- Using third-party application SysInspire OST to PST converter
However, if the user is unable to solve the error manually, he should switch to the third-party application launched by SysInspire. The Free OST to PST converter software is a reliable software that helps the user to convert the file into the PST file in few clicks.
Features of the software
- The software is user-friendly and has an advanced scanning feature to fix errors in the OST file
- Takes the Capability to convert large OST file into working PST Outlook format
- It supports different versions of Outlook up to 2016.
- Splitting feature to compresses large sized PST files into various small-sized PST files
- Can easily work without MS Outlook installation only an MS Exchange server is required.
How to use the software?
- Install and open the SysInspire OST to PST converter software
- Click on the add OST file button
- You can even select the files if you are unaware of the location
- Then it shows all the mailbox components in the form of live preview. Just select the items that you want to recover.
- Click on the next tab
- There is an advanced filter option that helps in the selective OST to PST conversion of files. Also you can convert OST file into many other formats.
- You can even split the PST file if you wish to shorten it
- After the completion of OST to PST Conversion you can see the recovered PST file in MS Outlook.
You can effortlessly fix the problem by taking the help of a reliable SysInspire OST to PST converter tool . Why you should use third-party software because the manual methods are not safe and they can damage the database while recovering. At last its the user choice according to their requirement.