In Short: Sometimes a situation comes when the OST file gets corrupt due to any reason and to again re-access the database stored in it becomes difficult for the users. In this blog post, I shared some valuable ways which used for repairing OST file. Also here we covered the reliable SysInspire OST to PST Converter that makes this task more simple for the users.
OST file is designed by Microsoft which saves the copy of mailbox items on the machine of the users. It allows the users to operate tasks like deleting emails, composing new emails, reading emails, etc. without an active internet connection. And all these changes get synced with the Exchange Server when the connection comes back.
But the thing is the OST file is vulnerable to many errors. Immediate power outage, server crash, entry of virus, etc can damage the OST file. The good thing is you can repair corrupted OST file with the help of the methods am going to discuss. So let’s get started
Methods to Repair Corrupted OST File
Below are the top 3 methods that will help you to repair OST file.
Method 1. Using ScanPST Inbuilt Tool
- Find and Start Scanpst.exe tool. The location of this tool can vary from version to version so below are the path according to MS Outlook versions
|For Outlook 2019||C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\|
|For Outlook 2016||C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office16|
|For Outlook 2013||C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15|
|For Outlook 2010||C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14|
|For Outlook 2007||C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12|
- Tap on the browse tab to make the selection of corrupted OST file that you like to repair and click start
- In last select the Make a backup of scanned file before repairing option and tap on the repair.
After completing the above steps you will able to repair corrupted OST file. But sometimes you need to do some more steps to restore the whole mailbox database.
Recover OST file database after utilizing the above method
After repairing OST File using the SacnPST tool a folder gets created on your system named Lost and Found. Which stores all the missing databases of Outlook. The limitation of the ScanPST is it does not keep the folder hierarchy after removing errors from the OST file.
Follow the below steps to restore the Outlook folders from lost and found folder to the original location.
- Open the Lost and Found folder from the folder panel
- Choose the needed items that you like to recover
- Now just drag and drop the items from lost and found folder to the original location
Method 2. Repairing OST file by Deleting and Recreating OST file
- First, put the command Windows+R
- Now under the option of Open Box put %localappdata%\Microsoft\outlook and click ok to move further
- It will display all the OST files saved in the system
- Now do right click on the corrupted OST file and deleted it
- Last open MS Outlook to re-create the OST file
If you are still not able to repair the Outlook data files then the only best solution is to work with the most demanding SysInspire OST to PST Converter tool. The best thing about the software is it keeps the folder hierarchy even after making the conversion of the OST file.
Method 3. Repair Outlook Data File with Automated Tool
The only best way for repairing OST files is to convert them into PST format. By doing this process user can recover all elements of mailbox from the corrupted OST file. And to perform the conversion of the OST file you should try SysInspire OST to PST Converter software.
So lets take a look How it Convert OST to PST
- Download and Open SysInspire OST to PST Converter to fix corrupt OST file
- Tap on the Select OST button to select the corrupted OST file you want to repair
- Then select any one conversion format that you like to convert and tap on convert
- That’s its just wait for the process to gets complete.
So by following the give steps you can fix any type of error from the OST file with SysInspire OST to PST Converter. If you have any query regarding the software you can reach 24/7 customer support. Moreover, you can try the free demo version according to your comfort.
Get the solution about:- How to Open OST File Without Outlook