OST file is an Exchange mailbox copy store on the computer. When the user does some changes under offline mode in later they update to the server mailbox after re-establishment of the connection. Therefore when the OST file got corrupt the user will not able to convert OST to PST. Hence the user requires third-party applications to repair the OST file. I also shared some methods to convert OST to PST manually without losing any information.
Why does the user need to convert OST to PST Manually?
- Sudden failure in Exchange server
- When the Exchange Server needs maintenance
- A time user needs to have a backup of the Exchange mailbox
- Accidentally deleted the Exchange account by the user
- Oversized of OST file
- When the user needs to rebuild the OST file.
Methods of Outlook OST to PST Conversion
In first we will discuss the methods which are free of cost that help the users to complete OST to PST Conversion. By these free methods the user can convert OST to PST manually format and for multiple formats of Conversion, we discussed an automated method.
Method 1- Import & Export Wizard
Login with the same Exchange server account on Outlook that you used to create the OST file. And after that click on export OST to PST and follow the given steps:
1. Go to the file section and click on import and export
2. Then the next window appears that displays many option select export to a file
3. Click on the Outlook data file(.PST) and click next
4. Then it displays the preview of the mailbox items you can recover it selectively
5. At last just select the location where you want to save the OST file and click on the finish button.
Method 2- By Using Outlook Archive OST to PST
By using this method the user can easily save the items of the OST file into various small PST files. When the OST file size grows there are many files added which are not required by the users. In fact, you can put them in the archive folder. Follow the given steps to convert OST to PST free by using the archive method.
1. Open the Outlook application and click on file and select archive
2. Then it shows a mailbox folders and just select the folder you want to convert
3. After completing the selection procedure browse the save path location where you want to save the PST file
4. And after completion of OST to PST Conversion it displays a message with PST file name and their location
Challenges while Conversion with Manual method
The manual methods are not safe and reliable. They suffer from many limitations like size limitation, complexity, long procedure, etc. and they do not make fulfill safe and reliable conversion.
OST File Conversion to PST by using automated method
This the best and secured way of OST to PST conversion without the requirement of Outlook is taking the help of third-party application tools by SysInspire Free OST to PST Converter Software.
The professional tool doesn’t require Outlook or Exchange server. You can download the free version of this tool and understand the software’s functionality. Let’s see how it works.
- Firstly run the application OST to PST converter software
- Now, add OST files using the browse method and select the files from the system location
- If you are unaware of the path, you can use the find an option to search OST file in the specific drive
- After adding the OST file, now press the scan now option to scan the data. The scanning process will start and after completing OST data will be shown in a hierarchal structure. You can also have a preview of the folder before the conversion.
- Select items from the OST file and save the converted file option. Select PST file enter the destination details to save the PST file and press OK.
- Finally, the conversion process will start and it will take very little time to convert the files.
In conclusion with this way, you can convert OST to PST file without Outlook through the advanced OST to PST converter tool launched by SysInspire. Most important the user can export OST files into multiple formats such as EMLX, EML, MSG, PST, and HTML.