Last updated: November 6th, 2020 at 01:53 pm
Through this blog, we will talk about the methods to Export contacts from Lotus Notes to Outlook. And also we will suggest the best answer to the question “How to Export Contacts from Lotus Notes to Outlook?“.
Lotus Notes is a widely used emailing platform that provides the facility for sending and receiving messages more securely but because of some reasons, it becomes necessary to transfer mailbox contents of Lotus Notes to another readable format. For the users who want to migrate from Lotus Notes to another emailing client, Microsoft Outlook can be a perfect option for them. It is known to be the most used email application around the technology world. It offers a clean interface by which any user can use it to do their work effortlessly.
Let’s move forward to know more about how to export contacts from Lotus Notes to Outlook….
Straight forward solution to Export Lotus Notes Contacts to Outlook
SysInspires NSF to PST Converter Software which allows to repairs corrupted NSF file and Export emails, contacts, calendars, and other mailbox items of Lotus Notes to Outlook PST and various other file format in a single click. You can download it now.
Manually Export Contacts from Lotus Notes to Outlook
This method is carried out in two parts and most importantly, the user should have Lotus Notes installed in their computer else this solution will not function.
PART 1 – Export Lotus Notes Contacts to CSV
- Open Lotus Notes Application and then open Contacts.
- Now from the menu bar click on Export contacts.
- In this Window, to export all the displayed contacts you can select the “All contacts in this view” option.
- Choose the “All fields” option to export the whole data of the contacts.
- After that, click on “Save to” to choose the desired location to store the exported content files.
- Now, while saving the contacts rename the file and select CSV format from the “Save as type” field.
- And, then, hit on the Export button.
PART 2 the – Import CSV File to MS Outlook
- Install MS Outlook in your system and then start the Outlook application.
- After that click on File >> Open & Export >> Import/Export tab
- Now, the Import/Export wizard will show on the screen.
- In this new window, propose the “Import to another file” from the provided options and then hit the Next button.
- After that, the device will demonstrate the “Import a File” window simply select “Comma Separated Values” as the file type which you expect to import and again click on the Next button.
- Press on the Browse tab and choose the CSV file which you want to import.
- Thereupon, select the “Do not import duplicate items” in the options field and then strike Next option.
- Under the “Select destination folder” section, choose any of the available folders and then again hit Next.
- After following the above-mentioned steps, at last, just click Finish option, and then the import process will turn on.
Limitations of Manual Method
- Only the basic fields of contacts will be switched to Outlook all the custom-made fields may be eliminated.
- The contact portrayal or any type of symbol or logo even will not be exported appropriately into Outlook.
- It might be probable that the contact elements will not resemble them.
Most Convenient method to Export Contacts from Lotus Notes to Outlook.
An extraordinary utility that is designed to quickly Export contacts, emails, calendars, and other mailbox items of Lotus Notes to Outlook platform is this SysInspire NSF to PST Converter Software. The advantage of this software is you can also transfer Lotus Notes items from a corrupt NSF file without facing any trouble.
How to Export Lotus Notes to Outlook
- Download This NSF file Converter on your machine.
- Launch the software and then click on Select NSF button.
- After this software will open a new window, on this window you will see two options:-
(1) Select NSF file (2) Search NSF Database
Simply click on any one button to get NSF file and hit on Start Scanning.
- After this, the software shows you a live preview of all elements of NSF file after that simply choose the required items and hit on the Convert button.
- If you want only contact conversion then you choose the option CSV or vCard, and for the whole Lotus Notes database conversion, you can choose PST file option.
- After that, simply choose the file saving location and click on Convert to start the conversion.
As you might have well noticed in the above article, the cons and pros of the two methods used, it will be now properly distinguished that the automated application of SysInspire is a beneficial program for the users who want to export Lotus Notes items to Outlook.