Last updated: December 21st, 2020 at 02:17 pm
“Windows Live Mail” which is an outdated email client. Now its users are want to switch to another one emailing platform. MS Outlook has covered a large space in this IT industry by providing the best features and facilities for making communication much easier. The decision of switching from Windows Live Mail to Outlook will be the best option for every user. WLM has stored its emails, contacts, and calendar information into 3-different separate files. Here we discuss “how to Export Windows Live Mail Calendar to Outlook“, In a simple way-
Windows Live Mail Calendar file location
Windows Live Mail (WLM) by default storage location is-
C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail\Calendars\DBStore\WLCalendarStore.edb
Note: The folder “DBStore” is the hidden folder and you can’t look at it. So directly type the folder name into your address bar and click on the return key to enter into this folder.
Instant Method to Export Windows Live Mail Calendar to Outlook PST
Windows Live Mail maintains every type of data into separate files and the Calendar information stored into WLCalendarStore.edb file. There is no manual method available to open these WLCalendarStore.edb files and extract its data. So here is an automated solution to do this task name as SysInspire Windows Live Mail Calendar Converter Software.
Steps to Export Windows Live Mail Calendar to Outlook PST
1) Download SysInspire Live Mail Calendar to Outlook Converter software and install it on any Windows computer.
2) Launch SysInspire Live Mail Calendar Converter Software
3) Click on the “Add File” button from the toolbar and choose the location of the Windows Live Mail Calendar (WLCalendarStore.edb) file. The below screen appears –
Note: Here you have 2-options to choose your WLCalendarStore.edb file-
- Select Live Mail WLCalendarStore.edb file – If you know the location of the file or you have a copy of your WLCalendarStore.edb file on any different location, then you can choose this option.
- Select Default Location of LiveMail WLCalendarStore.edb File- Choose this option if you don’t know the location of WLM Calendar file. This option works if you have installed the Windows Live Mail application to fetch the file WLCalendarStore.edb file automatically.
4) Once, you select WLM Calendar file, Click on “NEXT” button.
In the above screenshot, the left panel shows the list of entries found in WLCalendarStore.edb file and the right panel shows individual entires preview.
Here you can check every calendar item preview by clicking on the entry in the left panel.
5) Click on “Export” button from the toolbar and move to the conversion wizard.
6) Here you can see 5-different types of conversion formats, such as- Outlook PST, MSG file, vCal, Existing Outlook Profile, ICS, TXT, and HTML file. Select the Outlook PST file option and choose the location where you want to save the converted PST file by clicking on “Browse” button.
7) After that click on the “Start Export” button. The software will be taken a few minutes to finalize the conversion process and show you a confirmation message.
Moving calendar from WLM to PST is more beneficial for most of the users because MS Outlook is a light-weight and easy to use an email client application. In the post, I show you easy steps to import Windows Live Mail Calendar to Outlook PST file through an automated tool “SysInspire Windows Live Mail to Outlook Converter“.