PST file is an Outlook data file which stores all the information of the Outlook data. But sometimes the size of an PST file gets increased in result the Outlook stops functioning properly.
So if you want to split a large PST file into smaller parts then this blog post will be beneficial for you. Where am going to give you the best manual and automated approaches that make this task simple for the users.
But before moving forward lets know the reasons to split PST file. Lets get started
Go with SysInspire PST Converter Software
- Download SysInspire PST Converter software that enables the users to split large PST file into small PST files.
If you want to test the functionality of the software try its demo version.
Reasons to Split Large PST file
Here are the common reasons to split PST file:-
- The functioning of Outlook gets slow down because of the large size of the PST files. So the users need to split PST file into various small PST files
- To reduce the risk of data loss because of the large size of the PST file, so users cut PST file into small parts
- Users are not able to send and receive emails due to oversized PST file
Manual Method to Split Large PST File
So here I listed the best ways which is useful to reduce the large sized PST file. Follow any method according to your comfort.
Method 1. Using Archive Feature
- Open the MS Outlook application
- Tap on the file tab then select Info >> Tools >> Clean Up Old Items
- Now choose a folder to archive
- To save the archive file at specific location click on the browse button
- In last tap on ok to complete the task
Method 2. Use Import/Export Wizard for Managing PST Files
- Start the Microsoft Outlook application
- Go to File and choose Open & Export > Import and Export
- Now choose option Export to a file and then click Outlook Data File (.pst)
- Choose the needed folder that you want to convert
- Select the location to save the resultant file by clicking on the browse button
- Provide a name to the PST file and tap finish
Problems with the Manual Method
Here are the most common problems that users will face while split PST file into smaller parts manually:-
- No guarantee to maintain data integrity after the completion of the process
- High possibility of loosing data
- Want technical qualified person
- Manual process is lengthy and time taking process
Split PST files using Automated Software
SysInspire created the best software that enables the users to reduce the size of large PST files into multiple small PST files with data integrity. Also this PST Converter software is capable to extract emails, contacts, tasks, attachments etc from the PST file into smaller PST files.
If you worried about its functioning you can take the demo version of it and know about its working. It is 100% virus free software you need to concerned about the privacy of your data.
How SysInspire PST Converter Works?
- Download and Open the SysInspire Outlook PST Converter
- Tap on Select PST file from the menu bar
- Choose your PST file by clicking on the select PST button
- Then the software starts scanning the selected PST file
- Now you can see all items stored in the PST file
- Choose the required items and tap on Save PST to move further
- In the next window, you need to click on Export to PST and select the Split PST button
- Now just choose the location to save the resulatnt file and tap convert
- By following the above steps you will be able to split large PST file
So here we covered the manual and automated solution to split large PST File into smaller parts. We also listed the limitations of the manual method so the better choice is to use third party tool.
SysInspire PST Converter is totally safe from any virus and it gives accurate result to the users. You can even try its free demo version to know about its functionality.
Get the solution related to below queries:-