When the users work in the offline mode of MS Outlook the data of the mailbox get saves in the OST file format. And when the Exchange server connection re-established all the changes made in the offline mode get updated to the server mailbox.
But the OST file cannot access the important information of the mailbox when the exchange server is in offline mode. And the database of the OST file can not be directly accessed in Outlook.
So at this time the user has the only best option is to change OST to PST Outlook. In this Blog Post, I will share with you the best methods that help to quickly complete the conversion process.
Quick Solution:- Use SysInspire OST to PST Converter to quickly change the format of the OST file into PST format in a few clicks. And you can also try its free demo version from the below button.
Why do you need to Convert OST file to PST?
Here are the some common reason to convert OST file into PST which are:-
- User can easily transfer the database from one system to another just by doing OST to PST Conversion.
- If you accidentally deleted the database of the Exchange server you can recover it by converting OST file into PST format.
- When the user want to take the backup of Exchange mailboxes.
Manual Methods to Change OST to PST
There can be various method to convert OST file to PST but for your comfort we listed top two methods which are:-
Method 1. Import and Export Mailbox as PST file
- First, open the MS Outlook application and click on the file option
- Then choose the Import/ Export tab
- In choosing an action to perform window select the export to a file option
- Now you need to choose Outlook data file (.pst) and click next to move further
- Choose the required folders and tap next
- In last select the save path location of the resultant PST file
Method 2. Using Outlook Archive feature
In the method the first thing you need to do is enables the Auto Archive method in Outlook. By doing this practice you will be able to save the items of the OST file into various individual PST files. This technique is very useful for managing the size of the mailbox.
- Firstly launch the MS Outlook and go to the file section
- Then tap on the options and then move towards advanced section
- Now click on auto archiving settings and click ok to move further
- Give the location by clicking on the browse button to save the resultant archive file
Automated Method- Using SysInspire OST to PST Converter Software
If you are facing problems with the manual method then you can go with SysInspire OST to PST Converter software. This software gives accurate results to the end-users even users can get the free demo trial of this software. It gives a live email preview before making OST to PST Conversion.
Users can changes OST to PST without holding expert skills just by using the SysInspire software. The best thing is it gives 30 days money-back guarantee for the comfort of the users.
Features of the software:-
- Convert OST to PST with all emails, contacts, calendars, journals, attachments, and many other items
- Capable to recover unlimited elements of OST file
- Keeps the data integrity even after changing the format of the OST file
- User-friendly interface
- Demo version available to restore up to 25 items of mailbox
- Convert OST emails to PST, EML, MSG, HTML, MBOX, and Office 365
In this blog post, we discussed various methods that help the users to change OST to PST. But remember going with the manual method you need expert technical knowledge. And if by mistake you forget one step it can lead to high data loss.
So to avoid this type of situation it is better to use reliable SysInspire OST to PST Converter software. You can even take the benefit of its trial version.
Get the solution related to below queries:-