As it can be seen, Now it has become utmost necessary for some users to export Lotus Notes to Outlook due to the high cost of the Lotus Notes and also due to the many creative features of Outlook which are not functional with any other email client. Keeping in mind these factors, the users are preferring to export their Lotus Notes to Outlook. Various methods are available to Export Calendars from Lotus Notes to Outlook. In this blog, we will be focusing on the manual and automated method to transfer the calendar items of Lotus Notes to Outlook.
Now, let’s have a look at the methods to Export Lotus Notes Calendars to Outlook:-
Manual Method to Export Lotus Notes Calendar to Outlook.
First, you need to migrate the Lotus Notes calendar into ICS format and then, import the resulted ICS file to MS Outlook.
Migrate Lotus Notes Calendar to ICS
Follow the given below steps to Convert NSF contacts to ICS:-
- Launch Lotus Notes application and hit on the Calendar section and .
- After that click on the File tab, and from the drop-down menu choose the Export option.
- Now an Export window will appear on your screen, give a specific file name and select the (calendar .ics) file type. And simply press the Export button.
- From the iCal Export window, users have to choose the all documents option and press the OK button.
Export ICS into Microsoft Outlook
After the migration of Lotus Notes to the ICS file, the next step is to transfer this .ics file to MS Outlook.
To formulate this procedure, follow the given steps:-
- Open MS Outlook application on your PC.
- Click on the File tab >> Open >> Import & Export.
- An Import and Export Wizard will appear, from there choose the Import an iCalendar (.ics) or vCalendar file (.vcs) and press the Next button.
- Now visit the location of the previously created iCalendar (.ics) file and select it, then click the OK button.
- Finally, a confirmation message will pop-up on the screen, select the import button. And you will see all your calendar items of Lotus Notes in Outlook.
Limitations Of Manual Method
- Only one calendar entry can be migrated from Lotus Notes to Outlook at a time.
- The exporting process becomes very lengthy and time-consuming when the user is trying to Export multiple calendar items.
- Also, some technical skills are required to use this method.
Professional Tool to Export Lotus Notes Calendar to Outlook
For moving calendars items of Lotus Notes to Outlook efficiently, users should use SysInpire NSF to PST Converter Software. This is the most recommended software by every Lotus Notes expert. With the help of this software, users can easily export Lotus Notes calendar and other items to MS Outlook with more security and ease. Have a look at its functionality in the following process:-
- Launch the application and click on the Select NSF button.
- A new window will appear with two buttons Select NSF file and Search NSF Database. Choose any one option to grab the NSF file and click on the Start Scanning.
- Now view the elements of NSF file and then select the calendar folder/item. Then click on Convert.
- Choose the option PST file as the saving option and provies the location to save the resulted file and finally click on Convert.
- The export process will start and close in the slightest time.
After the completion of the conversion process, a hassle-free and guaranteed export from Lotus Notes to Outlook process is done.