Using any email client to send/ receive emails, then it is common that you have faced various different corruptions errors. When the corruption error enters in any file or software, it freezes users to do their important work. To flawlessly do their work user have to fix these corruption errors immediately. If you are using MS Outlook emailing application and while deleting an Outlook data file (OST) facing an error:-
“This data file is associated with a mail account. To remove it use the ‘Email’ tab”
Now the question is what are the recommended methods to fix this Outlook error to re-access your important data.
Before going with the methods to resolve the error “This data file is associated with a mail account OST file”. User should make the backup of Outlook OST database. Here you can try SysInspire OST to PST Converter Software by which you can Convert OST to PST, MSG, HTML, MBOX, Office365, and various other formats.
Solution 1:- Remove Outlook OST Email account
- Launch the Outlook application and click on the File tab.
- Now click over the Account Setting option and again hit on Account Setting from the drop-down menu.
- From the opened window select the email account and hit on Remove
Solution 2:- Remove & Re-create Outlook Profile
- Open the Control panel and select the Mail option.
- A Mail Setup window will open, from there click on Show Profiles
- From the Mail window, remove the corrupted Outlook profile by clicking on remove.
- After this hit on Add and enter the profile name and click OK.
- Launch Outlook with the new profile and you will see that the error is now fixed.
Solution 3:- Delete OST file through Registry Editor
- Press the window+R key to open the Run dialogue box
- Type regedit to open Registry Editor.
- Visit to the location:-
HKEY_CURRENT_USER> Software> Microsoft> Office>16.0> Outlook> Profiles –(16.0 is the version of MS Office. You may go with the office version that you have installed in your PC)
- Now check the file with your profile name, right-click on it and hit on yes
Restart your PC and again open MS Outlook.
In this blog, we have discussed the solutions to fix the error “This data file is associated with a mail account OST file”. You can try these methods one by one to resolve the Outlook OST error. But before applying these methods you should make a backup of Outlook OST data. To do this task you can Convert OST to PST with this most powerful application known as SysInsire Free OST to PST Converter Software.