Mozilla Thunderbird is commonly used by various organizations for managing their emails and data like contacts, calendars. And due to security or features reasons, users want to export contacts from Thunderbird to Outlook.
If you came across this after searching for the ways for exporting contacts from thunderbird to outlook then you are at the right place. In this complete guide, we will share the manual and automated techniques to resolve your problem.
Hold on! First, let’s find out the needs that compelled users to export Thunderbird Contacts.
Things that Leads to Export Contacts from Thunderbird to Outlook
Apart from having various features in Thunderbird, the users are still preferred to use Outlook. Because in Outlook the users can easily manage all their contacts in a single file. Not like Thunderbird where emails, contacts are saved in different file formats which is very hard to manage.
And another thing is using a lower version of Thunderbird that doesn’t provide all the features just like Outlook offers.
The best thing exporting contacts from Thunderbird to Outlook is not a very complex task. All you need to do is follow the below section.
Manually Thunderbird Export Contacts
The following method is divided into three different stages use every stage carefully:-
Stage 1:- Export Contacts from Thunderbird to CSV
Here we will save the Thunderbird contacts into CSV format. Let’s move to the process:-
- Start the Thunderbird application and tap on address book button available at the top menu bar.
- Now its time to choose the address book you want in Outlook.
- After that go to tools and click on Export button.
- Here select the format as CSV and give name to the file to save.
- Tap on save button.
Common Solution:- Ways to Resolve Most Common Thunderbird Error
Stage 2:- Importing CSV file of Thunderbird to Outlook
Now it’s time to import the resultant CSV file of stage 1 into MS Outlook. Here are the steps:-
- Start the MS Outlook programme.
- Go to Open & Export button and select Import & Export option.
- Then select Import from another program or file option and hit the next button.
- Under the window of Import a file check the Comma seperated values and tap next.
- Here select the CSV file which you like to import in MS Outlook and hit on next button.
- Now choose the folder location where you like to save the Thunderbird exported contacts.
- At last click next to finish the task.
Stage 3:- Mapping of the Contacts
Here we will do some manual changes because the contacts which are saved in Thunderbird are the same as Outlook contacts but their field is different. To enable Outlook to read imported contacts from Thunderbird correctly apply the below changes to remap it.
- Tap on Map Custom Fields option available under the Import dialog box.
- Window of mapping gets open up and Map files with each other by dragging from Thunderbird with Outlook. And tap finish.
- And the process to export contacts from Thunderbird to Outlook will gets start.
Hence these are the only step you can use for exporting Thunderbird contacts.
Automated Way to Export Emails from Thunderbird to Outlook
Apart from the export process of Thunderbird contacts users also wanted to export Thunderbird emails into Outlook. So the best software at this stage is the SysInspire MBOX converter that provides a preview of all emails of the MBOX file. The user just needs to choose the required emails and after that select the conversion format as PST.
And after getting the PST file you only need to import the PST file into Outlook. This software also offers a free trial edition to all users.
This guide tells you both the ways which are used to export contacts and emails from Thunderbird to Outlook. For exporting the emails from Thunderbird here we took the help of SysInspire MBOX Converter which is fully protected from any virus. If you raised any other queries related to the Thunderbird you can find them in our blog section.