Warning: getimagesize(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /home2/sharprec/public_html/sysinspire.com/blog/wp-content/themes/httpswww-sysinspire-comblog/functions.php on line 924
Warning: getimagesize(https://user-media-prod-cdn.itsre-sumo.mozilla.net/uploads/gallery/images/2011-08-24-13-24-10-5afd48.png): failed to open stream: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /home2/sharprec/public_html/sysinspire.com/blog/wp-content/themes/httpswww-sysinspire-comblog/functions.php on line 924
Warning: Division by zero in /home2/sharprec/public_html/sysinspire.com/blog/wp-content/themes/httpswww-sysinspire-comblog/functions.php on line 928
In shortIn this blog post, we will discuss the Most Common Thunderbird Error. These errors can slow down your email performance and leads to improper functioning. Also, we will give the solution to resolve these Thunderbird errors.
Thunderbird is a free email client application that allows managing newsfeed, chat, newsgroup, emails, etc. It supports windows, mac, and Linux that is the main reason behind its popularity. Also, users can install multiple add-ons in their thunderbird application to improve their email performance.
You can also change the language according to your requirement because it gives multiple language options.
Apart from their benefits thunderbird has many errors and these errors need to be repaired quickly.
Common Errors of Thunderbird with their Solutions
Now we will give a list of Thunderbird errors with their solution that users face while working on Thunderbird:-
Error 1. Thunderbird suddenly stopped receiving emails
If the thunderbird cannot receive email there can be many reasons behind the creation of this error. Here is the list of the common reason behind this error:-
- Issues in account configuration
- Filters with Internet Service Provider
- Technical problem with ISP
Solution– Following is the solution to fix this error follow each step carefully-
- Open the Thunderbird application and choose tools then click on account settings
- Choose the server setting option available on the top left side
- Just verify the settings of the server by specification
Error 2. Cannot Delete Messages
You can face this type of error due to corruption in the trash folder.
Solution:- This error can be solved by following the given steps:-
- Click on the menu and open the profile folder available on the window of Thunderbird
- Choose the help and click on Troubleshooting Information
- Tap on the Open Folder option available under application basics
- Then you will see a window showing list of profile files
- Now Shut down the Thunderbird application
- Open the Imapmail folder in the file manager (according to IMAP or POP account)
- Now open the folder with the incoming mail server name
- Click on the trash and trash.MSF files and delete it
- In last just restart the Thunderbird application. It will create a new trash folder automatically. (In the case of POP you need to create a new trash folder)
Error 3. Unable to send email from Thunderbird
Sometimes the users can face the error Unable to send email from thunderbird even they configured their account properly. This error can be seen because of the following reasons:-
- Unsuitable settings in Thunderbird
- Thunderbird goes in Offline Mode
- Internet Service Provider Blocked Port 25
Solution:- Easily remove this error by following the below steps:-
- Firstly check the account settings are configured properly with the Thunderbird application. Like an incoming mail server, username, and SMTP authentication enable or not for the login.
- Use TCP Port 2525 for the SMTP Server
Error 4. Thunderbird not responding
This type of Thunderbird error can be seen when there is a problem with add-ons.
Solution:- This error of thunderbird can be fixed by taking the guidance of the given steps:-
- Launch the Thunderbird application in the safe mode. Because in safe mode you can disable the add-ons and change the account settings. To check the root cause of the problem compare the application performance in both safe mode and normal mode.
How to Start the Thunderbird application in Safe Mode?
- When Thunderbird is Close: Hold the shift key while starting the thunderbird application
- When Thunderbird is open: In a window click on the help button
- After that choose Restart with Add-ons Disabled option… menu item and tap on the restart button
- Then you will see a dialog box just click on Continue in safe mode
So here we discussed the Most Common Thunderbird Error and these error can slow down your functioning.If you want to avoid these error you can other email clients like MS Outlook.
But Outlook is not capable to support the Thunderbird MBOX file format. At this time to convert the data of thunderbird mail to Outlook, the users need reliable third-party software. So you can go with SysInspire MBOX to PST Converter which is 100% free virus-free.
This software enables the users to convert MBOX files to PST format in a few clicks. Just select the MBOX file that you want to convert and you can see the preview of mailbox items while MBOX to PST Conversion.
If the user is not able to fix their thunderbird errors after using the above steps then it is better to go with third-party software. This SysInspire MBOX to PST Converter can easily fix any type of error from the MBOX file with their scanning feature.