MBOX is a file format that is used to save the set of emails in the form of text. As we talk about the email clients every individual email client is perfect in their functionality. But sometimes a situation comes where the users want to access the file of one client into another email client. So at this time, the user looks for a solution for how to do this task.
So in this blog post, we have covered a topic for the user who was looking to open an MBOX file in Outlook Windows. For doing this first they need to convert MBOX to PST Microsoft Outlook.
Because the user of Outlook is not capable to straightly open MBOX file in Outlook. So we have shared both the manual and automated procedure to do this task. So let’s start with the manual method.
Highly Recommended Solution
- Try this SysInspire MBOX to PST converter which is 100% free from any virus. It can make the conversion of MBOX file with all email attachments.
Manually Open MBOX file in Outlook
- In first add your Gmail account credentials to log in
- Click on the Gmail settings page and select the Forwarding and POP/IMAP option
- Activate the IMAP option
- And after making the configuration of the IMAP account click save changes
Note: Just make sure to install Thunderbird and Outlook in your system to use the manual method
- First start Thunderbird on your computer system
- A dialog box opens up that displays mail account set-up. Fill in the details and press the continue tab
- Activate the IMAP checkbox and click on manual configuration
- Provide the necessary information for Incoming:- imap.gmail.com/ port: Either 993(SSL) or 143(very infrequently 580) and Outgoing:- smtp.gmail.com/ port: Either 25(SSL) or 465(very infrequently 2525)
- Press the re-test tab
- After providing the details, select create new account
- Just verify the Gmail account from Thunderbird
- Select the file and drag & drop it into Gmail inbox to import MBOX into Outlook
Now Import MBOX file to Outlook
Now, the user needs to configure the Outlook account to a Gmail account
- Visit the file menu and add the account
- Select the manual configuration option
- Then click on the internet email option and press the next tab
- Fill in the needed information
- Click on the IMAP option for the IMAP mail account
- For the incoming server type Gmail.com and for the Outgoing server smtp.gmail.com
- In Outgoing server, select the option move to outgoing server, which needs authentication, and using the similar setting, select incoming server option and enter 993 as the port number
- Choose the option server that needs an encrypted connection and set the type of encryption to SSC
- Now enter the details value 587 in the Outgoing Server, and set the kind of encryption to TLS, and now click on the OK tab to move further
- Select the test account setting. This option will verify the account settings. The user will get a message your account setting is correct. Now, select the next tab.
So by following these steps of the manual method, you can open MBOX file and import into PST format. But these manual methods have many restrictions like it does not guarantee to give the final result and also it can lead to data loss. Moreover, you required professional knowledge to work with the manual method. So it is better to go with SysInspire MBOX to PST Converter software.
Open MBOX file using SysInspire MBOX Converter
This third-party application launched by SysInspire that gives secure ways to import MBOX file to Outlook. The converter provides an instant solution to the users that saves their time. It is a professional tool that holds the ability to import MBOX files to various other formats like PST, MSG, EML, etc. This software can easily be accessed by technical and non-technical users. It maintains the data integrity even after making the conversion. Follow the below steps to run the software.
- Install and open the SysInspire MBOX Converter
- Click on the select MBOX file button to select the single MBOX file
- The software scans the file and shows the preview of all the items
- After choosing the required items select the conversion format of the MBOX file
- In last you will see a message which means process gets completed
In this article, we covered both the manual and automated methods to open MBOX files in Outlook. But if you want a secure conversion of the MBOX files that it is better to go with SysInspire MBOX Converter software. It can perform the conversion of multiple MBOX files at the same time. In last it’s your choice to choose any method.
For the best solution related to below queries:-