OST files are defaults files used by Microsoft Outlook to store the data of the user. It is located in the local system but it can’t be directly opened on Outlook. If the user wants to open an OST file in another Outlook account, the only way to do that process is to convert OST into PST files. Through this blog, we will provide you the answer to the question “How to Open OST file in Outlook?”.
Manual method to Open OST file in another Outlook account
- Open MS Outlook and click on the File tab
- Now click “Open and Export” and then Import/Export.
- From the Import & Export Wizard window, select the Export to a file option and then press Next.
- From the opened window choose the Outlook Data file (.pst) option and again press Next.
- Select the mail account and choose folder, sub-folders, email items, and click on Next.
- Hit on the “browse” button and choose the file saving location and lastly click on the Finish tab.
- Start the Export process and Explore the newly created PST file through MS Outlook.
Note:- This method only works with a healthy OST file, if you are want to convert any orphaned or corrupt OST file this is not for you.
Automated tool to Convert OST to PST for opening OST file in Outlook
There is no direct method is available to open OST file in Outlook but OST file Conversion can be the best way to access OST file database. Here we have provided the free automatic tool to do the OST file Conversion named the SysInspire OST to PST Converter software. This tool provides the facility to all users to convert OST to PST within a very short time. It helps the user to convert healthy, inaccessible, orphaned, or encrypted OST files into multiple formats like- PST, MSG, EML, vCard, CSV, MBOX, HTML, etc. The software will extract data with precision including contacts, calendars, and attachments with accuracy.
How to Open OST file in Outlook using SysInspire:-
- Download and install the OST Converter software.
- Now, Open the Software and click on the Select OST tab to find the OST file available on your computer.
- After that, a new window will open, select the OST file from its location and click on Start Scanning
- The software will scan the OST file fixing all corruption errors and show you all its inner components as a live preview.
- Choose the required items and click on the Save OST button.
- And the software will show you multiple file options to Convert OST, simply click on the Export to PST option, then choose file saving location and Press the Convert button.
- After the OST Conversion to PST you need to put this resulted OST file in your Outlook account. Open this PST file and use or access your OST mailbox items in MS Outlook.
Get More Info:- How to Convert OST to PST