IBM Lotus Notes is an email client that is used by most multiple organizations and business enterprises for emailing service. The Lotus Notes application uses .nsf file format to save all of its database in a single file. It stores all emails, contacts, calendars, notes, etc. But the files are prone to corruption. And when the corruption error enters in Lotus Notes it makes users unable to access their important database. If you are facing a similar challenge, then this article is for you. Here we will discuss How to Repair Lotus Notes Database and fix corrupt NSF files manually and with an automated method.
SysInspire NSF to PST software to fix all kind of Lotus Notes corruption errors, read Lotus Notes Database and make instant conversin of NSF file with emails, contacts, calendar items to PST, EML, EMLX, MSG, vCard, HTML, CSV, MBOX, etc.
Methods to Repair corrupt Lotus Notes Database
Method 1- Fix up the errors
- Launch Domino Administrator
- Choose the Server of the corrupt database
- Press on the File tab and click the database
- Click on the tool tab and select the database
- Press the Fixup button
- Press OK and fix the corruption errors.
Please remember– The file must be in .nsf extension that you have selected for repairing.
Method 2- Convert NSF files to PST
If you want to get a permanent solution to repair Lotus Notes Database and NSF corruption errors, then you can also convert NSF to PST. Outlook has a clear and user-friendly interface and it has fewer chances of corruption. And by converting NSF file to PST users will get Power to access their corrupt NSF file database with an Outlook account.
Manually Convert NSF to PST
- Start IBM Lotus Notes.
- Press the file tab and click on the Open tab.
- Select the NSF file that needs to be converted.
- Again click on the File tab and press on the Export tab.
- Select the location and enter the file details.
- Now, click on save as type and select comma separated value.
- Press on Export tab and a dialogue box will be seen.
- Choose the required option and click ok.
Lotus Notes/NSF file Database will be saved in a CSV format. Now, you need to convert the obtained CSV file into PST format.
- Launch MS Outlook Application.
- Press on the File tab and click on the Open & Export tab.
- Now choose the option Import and Export.
- A dialogue box will be seen.
- From there, you need to select the option Import from another program or file and press the Next button.
- Select the file type as Comma separated value from the provided options and press the Next tab.
- Get the CSV file from its location that you created in the earlier steps and Press the Next tab.
- Select the folder where the file needs to be exported.
- Now, click on the Finish tab.
- And the CSV data will be imported to Outlook.
In this way, you can access a corrupt Lotus Notes NSF file database through Outlook.
Automated method to Repair Lotus Notes Database
Manual methods to repair the Lotus Notes database have various limitations and sometimes it doesn’t work properly. So in this situation, it is recommended to try any third-party solution for Lotus Notes to Outlook migration. Multiple NSF conversion tools are available in the online market but you have to choose the application which is best for you. Here we want to introduce the Most trusted application that is the perfect application for beginners SysInspire NSF to PST Converter Software. It has various advanced features that will help users to make NSF file Conversion and repair the Lotus Notes database with ease.
How to Repair Lotus Notes Database with SysInspire?
- Download then install the software on your machine and run the application.
- Click on the Select NSF button and choose NSF file from its location and hit on Start Scanning button to repair corruption errors from the NSF file.
- Load the preview of Lotus Notes database and choose the required items.
- Now click on the Convert button from the toolbar and select file type as PST file from the provided file options.
- Then choose the file saving location and click Convert to Import Lotus Notes database to PST file to use with Outlook account.