Last updated: December 5th, 2021 at 08:14 pm
Do you want to migrate from Outlook to Zimbra Desktop, but facing problem while importing OST files? If this is the case, you do not need to be concerned. In this article, we’ll show you one of the most effective method to transfer data from Outlook OST to Zimbra desktop client.
Different profile setup options are available in Outlook. It allows users to set up IMAP, Exchange, and POP3 accounts for emailing process. Mainly Outlook creates an OST file for storing a user’s mailbox information when a user configures his IMAP or Exchange account. This file contains a huge data of users including emails, contacts, calendars, etc. But transferring these data items from Outlook OST to another application is not easy. Also, the
OST file will not work outside Outlook application.
Zimbra Desktop is an email client that is available free of cost for users. Most Outlook users also desire to switch to this email client for this reason. While switching from Outlook to Zimbra Desktop a user becomes unable to import their previous emails because of OST files.
So, now let’s see what is the solution to Import OST mailbox to Zimbra desktop client.
Easy Technique to Import Outlook OST to Zimbra Desktop client
Users who want to import their OST file data to Zimbra clients must try the method of OST to TGZ file conversion. By doing this a user can easily transfer their important emails and other information from OST to Zimbra clients.
The best way to perform OST to Zimbra TGZ file conversion is using automated tools like- SysInspire OST Converter Software. This utility allows users to Convert OST to TGZ file format in bulk with a short process. With conversion, it transfers the entire data of the Outlook OST file to Zimbra TGZ files.
How to Import Outlook OST to Zimbra Using OST Converter?
- Download and launch the OST Converter Software on your computer.
- From the software’s first screen click the Select OST button.
- Next, choose the Single File or Bulk File conversion mode and click the Next button.
- Add OST files in the software and hit the Start Scanning button
- The software will scan the OST file and extract all OST files inner folder and objects.
- On the preview panel, the user will see all emails and other objects of OST file.
- Select the required folders from OST file and then click the Save OST button.
- From export/conversion options select the Export to TGZ radio button.
- Select the Mail filter option to select emails of the required date, and choose a location to save output TGZ files.
- Finally, press the Convert button to start the OST to Zimbra TGZ files conversion process.
Here, through this article we have described the entire process of Importing OST to Zimbra desktop using this SysInspire OST Converter Software. Simply convert OST to TGZ files using this versetile application. After conversion simply import the new TGZ files to Zimbra desktop client. By doing this a user can easily transfer their data from OST file to Zimbra in an easy manner. A demo version of the OST converter is also available for users. If you want to learn more about how the tool works, you can get it for free.