There is two utmost email client available in the online market which are popular in software organizations nowadays called Lotus Notes and MS Outlook. Each platform has its own superior features and the user prefers the most which are suitable as per his needs. However, under certain situations, the user needs to switch their email client to Outlook from Lotus Notes. But the problem is that accessing the NSF file directly in Outlook is not possible. So in this blog, we will go through the necessities and the procedure of “How to Export NSF file from Lotus Notes to Outlook”.
Lotus Notes was once the most popular email client application But after the introduction of Microsoft Outlook, Lotus Notes declined gradually and lost its users. It was due to the amazing features of MS Outlook and user-friendly interface which no other email clients contain. Now let’s have a looks at why users want to move on to MS Outlook.
Reasons for Lotus Notes to Outlook Migration
- In Microsoft Outlook users will be allowed to work in offline mode.
- The user interface of MS Outlook is more user-friendly than Lotus Notes.
- Low maintenance charges as compared to Lotus Notes.
- Users can share data in Outlook more easily and effectively compared to Lotus Notes.
- The best feature is the user can undergo multitasking because Outlook supports accessing multiple email account at a single time.
Ways to Export NSF Files from Lotus Notes
To export NSF file to Outlook PST file format, there are 2 methods:
Manual Method to Export NSF file from Lotus Notes
It is a free NSF to PST conversion method. It is recommended highly to create a copy of your file as there’s a high risk that your file may get corrupted. The manual method is held in two steps.
Step I: Export NSF Files to CSV
To export NSF files from Lotus Notes, perform the steps given below:-
- Start the Lotus Notes program.
- Then click “File” and hit on the “Open” button
- In the Open window, browse for the required NSF file and Click Open. After that, the selected NSF file gets opened.
- Now, on the File menu, click Export.
- On the Export dialogue box, enter the file name, file location, and saving type.
- Select the Comma Separated Value format for the file.
- A dialogue box CSV Export gets open. Select the required options. Click OK.
- The exported data gets saved in the CSV file gets saved in the defined location.
Step II: Import CSV File into Outlook
Import the Intermediate CSV file into MS Outlook by following the steps:
- Launch MS Outlook program.
- On the File menu, click Open & Export, and then click the Import/Export button.
- An Import and Export Wizard will pops up. Select Import from another program or file from the options. Click Next.
- Select Comma Separated Values as the file type and click Next.
- Click Browse and select the path for the CSV file created earlier using the Export command of Lotus Notes. You can select the options according to your need.
- Select the Outlook folder where you want to save your exported data and click Next.
- Select the given checkbox in the Import a file dialogue box and click Finish. You can also change your destination or map custom fields by clicking on the same name options.
- The data from the “CSV file” would be imported to “MS Outlook.”
Limitations of Manual Method
- Complicated method for a non-technical user as it requires technical knowledge.
- If a single mistake is committed might cause corruption in the NSF file.
- Converts only one NSF file at a time.
Automated Tool to Export Lotus Notes to Outlook
The Automatic method is the best solution that you must look for. This is a third-party solution that saves your time & helps to convert files without corruption by protecting all your data easily. It is the perfect method that you must go for SysInspire NSF to PST Converter Software. It is easy to use a process that is better than the Manual Method.
Steps to Convert NSF to PST with SysInspire
- Download & Install This software on your computer.
- Open it and press the “Select NSF” Option to get the NSF file.
- A Browse & and Select .NSF file Database will display on your screen. And to get the file simply hit any button from the given two options
Select NSF File
Search NSF Database
- After that click on the start scanning button.
- This tool will automatically load and shows you all database of NSF file to Export them selectively.
- Now choose the required items and press the Convert button.
- It will provide you 9 conversion file format select any one of that and easily Export the NSF file from Lotus Notes to Outlook.
Users may opt for any methods between Manual and Automatic Solution. However, it is better to go with the solution that ensures your data safety with all your details & information and is time-saving also.