An OST file i.e. Offline storage table file mainly focuses on the principle of synchronization which means the user can work on Outlook by being offline and then later on sync with the server once the internet connection is readily available.
The OST file mainly depends upon synchronization. Due to this reason, if the OST file is larger then it takes a quite long time to synchronize with the online server.
Usually, the oversized OST files are very difficult to handle and in such cases, if there is any error or the file is corrupted, then it becomes quite complicated to fix it.
An OST file can differ in size. The Outlook 2007 and 2003 version has a size limit of 20 GB whereas Outlook 2010, 2013, and 2016 have the highest size limit of 50 GB.
Reasons for error in OST files are as follows:
- Power failure
- Malfunctioning of the system due to virus attack
- Network failure
- Any change in the internal structure
- If an OST file is not managed for a longer period of time
**It is very important to fix the error in oversized files because nowadays almost all organizations use OST (Offline Storage Table) for preserving email in local drive with all its components.
The main function of the OST file is to keep all the reports of the Outlook.
The errors in OST files can be corrected by the following techniques.
Fix error Oversized OST file through ScanPST.exe
- First, open the OST file and then get it fixed with scanpst.exe.
- After the fixation of the file, the user has to check whether any connection is developing between exchange and Outlook for being synchronized.
- Continue with the fixing of the error and then the user closes the MS Outlook application.
- Now the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\scanost.exe is to be located and then scanost.exe software is put into function.
- Then the oversized OST file which contains error is chosen.
- Then the user will have to choose the work offline option otherwise connect with it.
- Click on the repair errors.
- Now the scanning process has started.
ERROR FIXING OST INTEGRITY TOOL
The errors in the OST files having Outlook versions- 2007, 2003, and other below versions are fixed by the OST INTEGRITY TOOL.
The manual method is sometimes not so reliable to fix the error. It is also very time-consuming.
So, it is better to use this inbox repairing tool. Users will just have to follow the below instructions and you can sort out the error properly.
- The user will have to shut down the Microsoft Outlook and all other running applications.
- Select the start button of the Windows OS.
- Then you will have to open Control Panel.
- Click on the mail option, and also in the show profiles option.
- Search for the OST file that is corrupted and then eliminate it.
- After the above procedure is completed, choose the Add Profile icon.
- Ultimately, move on with the settings and then add new profiles.
- Finally, the new profile will be created with MS Outlook.
SysInspire OST Recovery Software To Fix Oversized OST error
This is the most reliable option if the above two methods do not go well with the user. It recovers any type of OST files even when it is oversized.
This tool offers quick scanning algorithms and then immediately begins its work of scanning the corrupted OST file. After scanning, it fixes the errors within a few minutes and finally opens the file for the user to access it.
Then using the SysInspire OST to PST converter, the user can also convert the Offline OST file to a readable PST file for easy access.
Best Solution to Fix Error in Oversized OST file
- SysInspire OST Recovery Tool to easily repair all type of damaged and corruption issues from OST, PST, and NST file without any file size limitation.
- Smoothest solution to retrieve lost emails, attachments, contacts, calendars, tasks, notes, etc. from corrupt Outlook OST, and PST files
- Get live preview OST mailboxes file to move selective items to another file type like- EMl, EMLX, MBOX, vCard, CSV, Office 365 etc
It is clearly visible that the Manual method used for fixing the error is not user friendly and takes a lot of time. It also has high chances of data loss. The OST integrity tools are sometimes not capable of fully repairing and recovering the damaged OST files. There is also no guarantee for data recovery.
In such a case, a third-party tool such as SysInspire OST Recovery Software a hassle-free and truly reliable source to use that has an advanced level of algorithms for fixation of the error. This is automated software where the user can easily solve the error quickly and without any complications.