Various Exchange administrators prefer to go with secured methods to recover mailbox from EDB file Exchange 2010. But the issue here it is not as much easy to find the right method.
In most cases, users use various methods available on the internet and they did not work for them. Hence here we will give you both manual and professional solutions with a third-party tool. By using these methods you will definitely be able to restore EDB file data.
First, we will use the data protection wizard, and if you find any difficulty you can go for the Automated solution.
Restore EDB Mailbox using Data Protection Wizard
- First, check the protection of the server either the mailbox data is available or not. Now run the following command for the database creation if it does not exist -“New-MailboxDatabase”.
- Through command functionality configure recovery database settings by setting mailbox database cmdlet.
- Visit DPM Administrator Console > Recovery view > All Protected Exchange Data node.
- Here choose that mailbox you like to restore.
- Under the next recovery, section chooses those data items you want to restore. Also, give a path to save the location at the desired location.
- Tap on recovery time > Recover to move further.
- Visit the Recovery wizard where you need to check all the information from the screen and tap next.
- Then choose the recovery type and click the next button.
- Here you will see multiple options for recovery choose any recovery method according to your needs. Then visit notification > put the mail recipients > send the email.
- And just select the close button.
- At last to restore mailbox enter this cmdlet- New-MailboxRestoreRequest –SourceDatabase ’RDB-CONTROL’ –SourceStoreMailbox ‘mailbox name’ –TargetMailbox @servername.com –TargetRootFolder Recovery -SkipMerging StorageProviderForSource.
- Use this cmdlet- Remove-MailboxDatabase -Identity ‘RDB-CONTROL for restoring the database of the deleted mailbox.
Manual Method Drawbacks
If you are thinking to go with the manual approach then you might face the following scenarios:-
- Your Exchange EDB file can get corrupt while performing the steps of a manual method.
- Need to perform various steps carefully that consumes a lot of time and human effort.
- As all the steps need to apply manually so any single mistake can lead to data loss.
- Technical background person can only understand the manual methods. It is not made for beginners.
Automated Solution to Recover Mailbox from EDB file Exchange 2010
The only secured and effective technique to recover EDB mailbox is by using the automated SysInspire Exchange server recovery tool. As we have seen now how long time taken and difficult the manual method is, with have many complex steps which are very hard to understand by any novice user. So the best alternative for this approach is to use the third-party tool.
After downloading this tool you are not only restricted to recover data but also can repair corrupted EDB files. Apart from recovery, you can save the EDB mailbox data into multiple formats like EML, EMLX, MSG, HTML, and PST.
Steps to Recover Mailbox And Save them Into Desired Format with Tool
- Launch the Exchange Server Recovery Tool on your Windows system.
- Do the selection of EDB file from the browse option. And tap next.
- When you select the file the software takes some time to preview the mailbox database on the screen.
- After getting a preview, choose the mailbox folders you like to restore. Then go to the export file available at the top menu bar.
- Choose the desired format in which you like to save the recovered data.
- Hit start export and let the process finish.
From this blog, we shared the manual method by using the Date Protection wizard approach to recover mailbox from EDB file Exchange 2010. But due to its drawbacks, we provided the automated solution to restore the mailbox by using the SysInspire Exchange server recovery tool. No need to concern if you are dealing with a corrupt EDB file the tool supports the recovery of corrupt EDB files. So use the steps about how to use the tool provided above for the best results.