Summary:- This article will give you a useful approach to backup Exchange mailbox to PST. And also mentioned the cons of other manual approaches and recommended the third party tool to take Exchange server mailbox backup.
The Exchange server is continuously doing updation in its technology to provide a high user-end experience. Also, this Microsoft product has inbuilt features for taking Exchange server backup.
But when it comes to taking backup there is no inbuilt tool that allows you to backup mailboxes securely there is always a possibility of losing data.
Hence to avoid any data corruption or loss scenario we will use the SysInspire Exchange server recovery tool. We will tell you all things about why you should use this tool and how it helps you and its working. But before that, it is important for you to know the drawbacks of a manual method.
Reasons to Don’t Go with Manual Approach
There is not only a single factor to don’t back backup Exchange Mailbox to PST with manual method. There are many scenarios behind this that we provided below:-
- The first and foremost reason is all the emails and contacts may get deleted while performing the manual steps.
- If you are going to try the manual method the first time then there is a high chance you do a mistake. As result, you will waste your large time.
- And it is also possible that you do not understand the manual steps because steps are very complex.
- While executing the task if the power goes out you will face huge data loss.
- EDB file of Exchange server is prone to get corrupt with this approach.
Want to resolve Exchange Jet Error 1811 & 1032 then check out this post for repairing the Exchange database.
Easiest Approach to Backup Exchange Mailbox to PST
As we described above the cons of the manual approach so to overcome it use the automated third party tool. Through this approach, you don’t need to compromise with your data and folder hierarchy. Its main focus is to provide accurate results to the users.
This is the only safest and quickest approach for taking backup Exchange database with keeping data in its original form. All you need to do is download the SysInspire Exchange server recovery tool that converts the Exchange EDB file database into PST format. And after getting data into PST format you can access your data in an Outlook email client.
The best part of a SysInspire Exchange Server Recovery Tool!
With this tool, you can backup Exchange mailbox database selectively its users choose to backup single or multiple mailboxes according to their ease. Through this email preview functionality backing up mailbox folder database becomes quicker plus you can save a lot of space.
You can save your backup file into multiple formats such as EMLX, EML, HTML, MSG, and PST. After getting the file you can run it on its supported email client.
Plus software doesn’t restrict its users on the size means it supports converting EDB files of any size.
Working Steps to Backup Exchange Database with Tool
- Download and open the tool on your machine.
- Select the EDB file for taking the mailbox backup.
- After this, you will see all the mailbox folders stored in the EDB file. Choose the required folder and select the export file button.
- Select PST format by doing this all the chosen data gets converted into a PST file.
After having a backup PST file that has all the Exchange mailbox database you can run this file in Outlook.
The automated tool like SysInspire Exchange server recovery provides various useful functionalities in comparison to manual method to backup Exchange database. With the check and uncheck feature of this tool users can decide what mailbox folder they like to backup in PST format.
All you need to do now is follow the steps mentioned in the given blog and start taking backup of your file. It is always been first priority of a user to keep their data secured and this tool also cares about your data. No changes will be done to the folder during the whole working process.