OST file is a type of Exchange Offline folder that enables the user to work on Outlook without the active connection with the Exchange Server. It enables the users to work with their emails, messages even in offline mode. And the changes that the user did in the offline mode can easily be synchronized with the Exchange Server when it gets connected to the internet.
Hence sometimes the OST file got corrupt and as result, it starts giving a different type of errors. These Errors have been detected in File Outlook. ost 2007/2010/2016 and other versions. But these errors can be eliminate by taking the help of Outlook inbuilt features.
Kevin Bryant [Fort Mill SC,USA]
I was working on my Outlook and then the power went out suddenly. And when I again restart my system to open the OST file it showing errors.
- Solution- Then I search for the best software to fix the errors of OST file and I found SysInspire OST to PST Converter software. This software Fixes all the errors from my OST File with their advanced scanning feature. And no single information is lost during this process.
How to Resolve Errors in File Outlook .ost?
So here we will fix corrupt OST file error by using the Microsoft inbuilt utility. Lets get start
Method 1-Using ScanPST.exe Feature
Microsoft has an inbuilt utility tool namely ScanPST.exe, stored in the MS Outlook installation directory.
- Search for the ScanPST tool in the default location of MS Office Outlook
- Run the repair tool and select the corrupt file by clicking on the browse button
- Press on the start button to scan and fix errors in Outlook OST file
- A window will appear where you can take the backup before repairing an error in the Outlook OST file. Otherwise, you can uncheck this option according to your comfort
- In last it shows a confirmation message which means errors detected in the file Outlook.ost is removed
Method 2. Restore OST from Backup
You can fix the corrupt OST file in outlook 2016 or other versions by replacing the corrupt OST file with their backup file. And if you didn’t take a backup recently you will not be able to get your whole data back. This method can repair corrupt OST file but does not guarantee to maintain data integrity.
Method 3. Start MS Outlook in Safe Mode
You can fix errors detected in the file Outlook .ost if it created due to damaged add-in. by starting the MS Outlook in safe mode and stop add-in. When add-in got disabled start export data of OST into PST format to take a backup.
Follow the below Steps to open MS Outlook in safe mode
- Firstly press window+R and enter Outlook/safe and click on OK
- Select a Profile and Press on OK to move further
- The user can see the only important add-in in the safe mode that allows users to find the error creating an add-in
- And if the above process works properly without error you can remove the faulty add-in
- In last just open MS Outlook normally and check the error is remove or note
Restriction: Although if you are going to fix the errors detected in the file outlook .ost with the manual methods you can solve only minor errors. However there is also a high chance of data loss while taking the backup of the mailbox database. Instead of this, you can use SysInspire OST to PST Converter to securely repair corrupt OST file.
This software is 100% free from any type of virus and also maintains data integrity. Users can solve errors have been Detected in File Outlook .ost in a few clicks with preserving all email properties.
How to use SysInspire OST to PST Converter?
- Download SysInspire OST to PST Converter and install the application
- Run the software and press the open tab
- Browse and select the corrupt Exchange OST file and press the next tab
- Select all the required mailbox items by using the check and un-check feature of the software
- Click the convert tab
- Search and select the folder and save it as a PST file to convert and save all the data in the PST file
- Press the convert tab and the conversion process will start
- At last, you will see a confirmation message showing the Conversion is successful
If the above-mentioned manual methods do not work, this converter tool can be the best solution. It will repair the corrupt OST file and change it to PST which makes the OST file data accessible. Moreover, there is no size limitation while doing the conversion.
Related Article:- How to Import OST File into Office 365?