We all know how outstanding IBM Lotus Notes is in the corporate public. And why not, it furnishes you wholly with some extraordinary characteristics which you may not get in other email clients. IBM Notes widely used for its business teamwork functions. It allows sending or receiving emails, contacts managing, messaging, file sharing, to-do-lists, and many other things. But like other email clients, it also has the chances of corruption. Error messages are often extremely frustrating while you’re doing some important work. It would be very disturbing when you confront any such error statement. Sometimes it may take several hours to days in resolving the errors.
One of the errors users may face in Lotus Notes is- “IBM Notes failed to start successfully”.
The major cause behind the happening of the error is if users attempt to launch the Notes and notes2.exe but it is unable to run and as a result, the Notes application doesn’t load entirely.
This issue has been commenced on Notes version 9.0.1 FP9 and is detected up to the Notes 9.0.1 FP10 IF5 versions irrespective of Windows versions. However, the issue is spontaneous.
Manually Fix- IBM Notes failed to start successfully error
Method 1:- End all task related to IBM Notes
- Press the ctrl+alt+delete buttons at a single time.
- Then click on Task Manager.
- Now select IBM Notes and click on End task button.
- Now restart the IBM Notes application.
Method 2:- Copy “framework”
- From another computer, that has IBM Notes installed in it, Visit this location:-
(c:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\Lotus\Notes\framework)
- Now copy the framework folder and transfer it to your computer.
- Move and overwrite this framework folder to the location
(c:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\Lotus\Notes\framework).
- Again launch the IBM Notes application and now you will see that error is now fixed.
Method 3:- Upgrade to Notes 9.0.1 FP10 IF6
The error IBM Notes failed to start successfully error usually occurs in IBM Notes version 9.0.1 FP9 to 9.0.1 FP10 IF5. It can possible that upgrading the current version of Lotus Notes to the 9.0.1 FP10 IF6 method will fix this problem.
- Run the IBM Lotus Notes application as Administrator.
- Operate Lotus Notes 9.0.1 FP8 in Basic mode and wait till it allows to upgrade to IBM Notes 9.0.1 FP10 IF6.
- Move Notes JVM Folder to another location.
- Allow it to Lotus Notes client to recreate the JVM folder/files,
- Now again launch Lotus Notes and check whether it is functioning in a remarkable way or not.
The presented method above is manual you can try these methods but If the error still occurs then there might be some problem in the Notes NSF file. All database items such as emails, journals, contacts, etc of Lotus Notes are stored in this NSF file. So, it is mandatory to fix corruption errors in the NSF file.
To remove the error I.e. “IBM Notes failed to start successfully” or other lotus notes error user should use and efficient and reliable professional software. The easiest solution to this problem is to use SysInspire NSF TO PST Converter software. Using this application, users can access smartly repair all Lotus notes related problems and additionally can Export their Notes mailbox to Outlook and various other email clients.