IBM Lotus Notes is one of the popularly used email applications in many organizations to communicate seamlessly. But, just like other applications, Lotus Notes had to suffer from errors. Lotus Notes error file already exists an error is one such frequent error that most of us face.
In this article, we learn the causes behind the error and possible solutions to fix it. Firstly we have to know the reasons that create the errors in the lotus notes file.
Causes Behind the Lotus Notes Error File
The main cause behind the error is corruption in the bookmark.nsf file or perweb.nsf file. It is one of the most important files in Lotus Notes when you start the application. The user will not be able to access the file because it is already corrupted. So, the user needs to create a new bookmark.nsf file to resolve the error.
Easily Fix Lotus Notes Error File Already Exists
- You can take the help of SysInspire NSF to PST Converter Software which is capable to repair NSF file error with there advanced scanning feature.
You can also try out the free trial version of the software to know about working of the software.
Methods to Fix Lotus Notes File Already Exists Error
Firstly we will discuss about how to fix repair Lotus Notes file Error. These are the steps to repair bookmark.nsf file. Here, we offer solution for both roaming and non-roaming user.
Manual Method 1- Repair Bookmark.nsf File
So here we will provide the solution for both roaming user and non-roaming user.
For Roaming Users
- Firstly you need to talk to Lotus Note Administrators to disable the account temporarily
- And than, you need to follow the below steps mentioned for the roaming user
- Close the Lotus Note application and search for the bookmark.nsf file and name it again
- After renaming the file launch the lotus notes application
- So now you just need to contact the administrator to allow the roaming user.
For Non-Roaming User
- Take the exit from the Lotus Note application
- Browse for the bookmark.nsf file
- Now just change the name of the bookmark.nsf file with the help of bookmark.old file
- So let’s start the Lotus Notes application and it will automatically create a bookmark.nsf file by taking the help of bookmark.ntf file
Method 2- Fix Perweb.nsf File
If the reason behind the lotus notes error file already exists is due to corruption in Perweb.nsf file. So the only method to solve this error by making again the creation of perweb.nsf file. Here are the steps to recreate this file with the help of perweb50.ntf file.
Follow the Given Steps carefully to Fix Perweb.nsf File
- Exit from Lotus Notes application
- You need to have the perweb50.ntf file in the directory
- Now just rename the file as preweb.old
- Start with the Lotus Notes application
- Change the location by making changes in the preferences. It will help the user to create the file once again
- Change the present location of the document by creating changes in the preferences
- So do some changes in Lotus Notes web browser. Press action tab- Internet Tab-presentation page and set MIME to rich text and HTML
- Edit the location of the document and change the browser to Lotus Notes by internet explorer and open the mail that was created.
You can take a look at these articles:-
Method 3- By using SysInspire NSF to PST Converter Software
If the problem still persists, you need to switch to the third-party application SysInspire Lotus Notes NSF to PST converter. The software facilitates easy conversion of NSF to PST file. It has several features that take care of the data and transfer files without any technical hurdle. The user can also try out the free demo version of the software to check its functionalities.
Features of NSF to PST Converter Software:-
- Provides multiple conversion formats of notes file such as PST, EML, MSG, HTML, EMLX, MBOX, vCard, CSV, and ICS
- It guarantees the conversion of items effortlessly without losing any data
- This tool has a user-friendly interface and 100% anti-virus free
- Easily work without the need of MS Outlook
- The software has an advanced scanning feature to repair the corrupt file before conversion.
Step-by-Step Method of NSF to PST Conversion
- Install NSF to PST converter software and open it
- Now Press on Select NSF file or if you don’t know the location you can click on search NSF Database
- After selecting the file the software scans the file and fix all the error
- It displays the live preview of all folders items of the selected NSF files to recover them selectively
- Now you can choose the file format to convert NSF database according to your need
- After the successful conversion, it shows the confirmation message as given below-
In short, we covered all the possible methods used to fix the lotus notes error issue. You can utilize the above deeply explained methods to fix Lotus Notes Error File Already Exists. But the manual methods are challenging and do not provide a guaranteed solution. So you can go with SysInspire NSF to PST Converter Software that overrules all the limitations. This software gives all the best ways to repair and convert NSF file to PST.