Many users are nowadays requires to switch from Lotus Notes to Outlook email clients. For doing this users also needs to Import Mail from Lotus Notes into Outlook? But while doing this process manually users may face different kinds of problems.
So, for the users who are searching for a solution to make Lotus Notes to Outlook migration process much easier, we have written this blog post. Let’s take a look at each section mentioned in this article to get your solution.
Lotus Notes is a popular email client, but in its competition, there are several other email clients available in the market. In recent years with the increasing popularity of Microsoft Outlook, Lotus Notes has lost its several users. Nowadays, most Lotus Notes users also want to switch to Outlook.
Also Read:- How to Import Lotus Notes Address Book to Outlook?
Why should you switch from Lotus Notes to Outlook?
There are a variety of reasons behind this, including:-
- Lotus Notes to difficult, on the other side MS Outlook is simple to use and its user-friendly design attracts users.
- MS Outlook is the preferred tool, for multi-tasking specialist experts/users. In a single time, users can configure and access multiple email account in it.
- For Using the Lotus Notes application, users require to purchase its license separately. But the Outlook email client comes with Microsoft Office suite. It means users will get Outlook and many other applications like- word, excel, PowerPoint, by just buying the single license of MS Office suite.
How to Import Mail from Lotus Notes into Outlook?
A manual technique of Moving data including emails from IBM Notes NSF files to Outlook is available for users. This method is a two-step procedure in which firstly users has to export mails from Lotus Notes to CSV file. After this user has to import the Output CSV files to Outlook application. This method can be an option for users, however, you should be aware of the following drawbacks:
- The manual process of exporting Lotus Notes database to Outlook method is lengthy and complex.
- If you can not afford to lose your emails, you have to avoid using this method. Because this method has the chance of data loss problems.
- Also, this manual method can be a reason for data loss or corruption in Lotus Notes database.
To avoid these issues, you must acquire a perfect automated solution/method to import Lotus Notes emails to Outlook.
Automated Solution to Perform Lotus Notes Email to Outlook Migration
A trusted and reliable utility to directly Import Lotus Notes emails to Outlook is this Sysinspire NSF to PST Converter Software. With the assistance of this smart utility, Users can quickly convert NSF to PST files with complete mail folders. Including the ability to perform NSF to PST file conversion, it can export emails from NSF to EML, MSG, and several other file types.
Steps to Import Mail from Lotus Notes into Outlook using NSF Converter:-
- Download NSF to PST Converter Tool, then install and run it on your computer.
- Add NSF files to the software for conversion, by pressing the Select NSF button from the first screen.
- Next, select Single or Bulk File Conversion as the conversion mode.
- Select and Import NSF file (containing lotus notes emails) in the software and hit the Start Scanning button.
- Extract all Lotus Notes items/folders and Check the live preview of inner elements from NSF files.
- Select the necessary folders from NSF and click the Convert button.
- Select PST file… radio button from the list of conversion choices, and then specify the destination location for saving resultant files.
- Finally, click Convert to begin the process of importing emails from Lotus Notes to Outlook PST files.
Benefits of using Automated Solution for Lotus Notes Email Conversion:-
- Perform a direct conversion of Lotus Notes NSF with emails and other items to PST file with fewest steps.
- Convert Multiple NSF files to PST with entire mail folders and attachments at a single time.
- Export emails from NSF of only required dates with advanced date filter option
- No chance of data loss and changes inside NSF files while conversion.
- Convert NSF without HCL/IBM/Lotus Notes application installation requirement
- Before the export process or saving mails and other items from NSF file, the software shows a preview of all items from NSF file to users.
- Supports to Convert NSF files of all HCL/ IBM/ Lotus Notes client and Domino Server.
Because of various advanced features and functions of Outlook most users of Lotus Notes users are now want to switch to this email client. Through this blog post, we have discussed the entire process of importing emails from Lotus Notes to Outlook. The manual technique has certain limits, so the recommendation is to use the automated solution mentioned in the above sections for efficient Lotus Notes Emails to Outlook migration. For a quick demo, users can get the free trial edition of NSF to PST Converter.