Want to switch from Lotus Notes to Apple Mail but unable to transfer data? Need a solution to convert Lotus Notes database to Apple Mail supported files? Then stop searching anymore, because we’re going to talk about the easiest approach to convert Lotus Notes to Apple Mail MBOX and EMLX in this blog post. So, keep reading this article and easily migrate from Lotus Notes to Apple Mail.
Lotus Notes is a mail client that is available for Windows OS based machines. It is basically used by different organizations to store, read and transfer emails, calendars, contacts management, and for doing many other things. It saves all emails of the user’s profile in a file type with .nsf extension.
Similar to Lotus Notes, Apple Mail is also a popular and default email client for Mac operating systems. When a user requires to migrate from their Windows-based machine to Mac machine, ultimately user’s come in a situation where they require to move from Lotus Notes to Apple Mail client.
But directly switching from Lotus Notes to AppleMail is not possible. The major reason is Apple Mail uses emlx and MBOX file formats to store users’ mail items and the NSF file format of Lotus Notes is incompatible with it.
So, the only technique of switching from Lotus Notes to Apple Mail is to convert NSF files to MBOX and EMLX files.
What is the Best Solution to Convert Lotus Notes to Apple Mail?
Users may use SysInspire NSF Converter Software to import all mail items from Lotus Notes to Apple Mail compatible EMLX and MBOX files, for making it easy to move from Lotus Notes to Apple Mail. It allows users to convert several Lotus Notes NSF files to Apple Mail MBOX & EMLX files in a single step, keeping the whole folder hierarchy and email attributes intact. The utility not only converts NSF files of any size, but it also ensures that the email’s Meta-properties are preserved after conversion.
How to Import/Convert Lotus Notes to Apple Mail using NSF Converter?
The following are the steps to be taken in order to Import data from Lotus Notes to Apple Mail:-
- Convert NSF to MBOX & EMLX files
- Import MBOX/EMLX files to Apple Mail
Step 1:- Convert Lotus Notes NSF to Apple Mail MBOX & EMLX file format
- Download NSF Converter tool, install and run it on your computer.
- Press the Select NSF button from the first screen of the software.
- Select Single or Bulk File Conversion as the conversion mode, then click Next.
- Add the NSF database file and hit the Start Scanning button.
- Start NSF file scanning process and Extract all inner items and directories from NSF files.
- Select the necessary folders from NSF and click the Convert NSF button.
- Select EMLX or MBOX file from the list of conversion choices, and then save the produced files to the specified location.
- After that, click Convert button to begin the process of Converting Lotus Notes to Apple Mail EMLX and MBOX files.
Step 2:- Import MBOX file to Apple Mail Client
- Open Apple Mail on your Mac Machine and choose File from the menu.
- Select the Import Mailboxes option from the drop-down menu.
- Select the files in the “MBOX format” option in the Import window, then click Continue.
- Import the file that is generated from NSF converter Apple Mail.
After the import process, you may access and read the entire Lotus Notes Mails with AppleMail.
Key Features of Lotus Notes to Apple Mail Converter:-
- Export Lotus Notes emails to Mac Machine by converting NSF files to EMLX and MBOX file format.
- Create separate EMLX files to import only specific Lotus Notes emails to Apple Mail.
- Save resultant MBOX and EMLx files to the user desired location.
- Maintains the internal system folder hierarchy and original email formatting.
- Offers a number of file naming choices to save EMLX with an easy-to-understand naming format.
- All recent versions of Windows OS are supported, including Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP, and others.
Most users want to switch from Lotus Notes to another widely accessible email client, such as Apple Mail, for a number of reasons. If you’re one of the individuals who need to perform this job, you may utilise NSF converter Software. We have provided the step-by-step process in the previous sections of this article. Simply download the NSF Converter demo edition and follow the above-mentioned instructions to migrate from Lotus Notes to AppleMail smartly.