We raised many queries from the Outlook users that they are suffering from the problem PST file too large to open. It happens when a user keeps storing all the Outlook data items in a single PST file. And as a result gradually the PST file too large cannot delete.
Therefore in this guide, we will provide you the solution to open large PST file and split PST file into various parts.
About PST File
MS Outlook mailbox data and other items are saved in a PST file and this file is vulnerable to various errors. In the older version of Outlook, the PST file has a lower amount of storing limit. In Outlook versions 2000 and 2002, the PST limit is 2 GB.
With the time period after doing updates in Outlook now, the PST file limit increases to 50 GB and more in 2010, 2013, 2016 versions.
Most Asked Users Query!
I used Outlook 2010 and all my data was saved in a single PST file and now my PST file size is 60GB. But now my Outlook starts showing error “PST File too Large to Open” and I don’t what’s the reason behind this. Can you share a solution to split large PST file so I can save my data into multiple PST files?
If you can relate to the above query then I think you should need to be aware of this large PST error.
Information About Error PST File too Large to Open
In this oversized PST file error, users can not access Outlook mailbox folders like emails, contacts, calendars, and many others. Because of this issue, you can see various kinds of errors which are:-
- Error while syncing in the background.
- The error comes up when access files.
- Reported Error: 0x00040820
- The Outlook data file reached the maximum size
If you are facing any one of the errors provided above it means you are dealing with an oversized PST file. Watch out below for the quick solution.
Open Large PST File with Automated Tool
SysInspire PST Converter is the first choice of the users who want to resolve PST File too Large to Open error. Here you can deal with corrupted PST files and view all their folders.
But if you are using any manual approach then it is not possible for them to open corrupted PST files. But with PST Converter software you can repair PST files and save them into a new PST file.
For large PST files, you can use the splitting functionality of the tool. Where you can divide the large PST file data into multiple PST files to easily manage larger data.
Benefits of Using SysInspire PST Converter Tool
- Repair corrupt PST files and save them into various formats which are EML, MSG, HTML, EMLX, VCF, MBOX, Zimbra, ICS, etc.
- Supports to work without MS Outlook only PST file is needed.
- Bulk conversion functionality to convert multiple PST files into a single task.
- No limitation on PST file size the tool can perform conversion of any sized PST file.
- The Demo version is also available with some locked features. With this, you can identify how does the tool work.
[Reduce] Compact PST file without Opening Outlook
The only way to fix PST File too Large to Open issue is to divide the file into smaller PST file parts. Hence you should follow below step by step guide below to perform this task.
- Download and install PST Converter on your machine.
- Opt select PST button and new windows appear. Select Outlook data file (.pst) which exceeds the limit from the select PST file option.
- Click the start scanning button that will start analyzing the file.
- Now the large PST file folders open up. Then click the save PST button.
- Choose the PST file button and make sure to check the split PST option and select the size for each PST file.
- Tap on the convert button and let the process finish.
To open large PST file and fix its issue the only best practice is to split large PST file into various small PST files. For performing this task we recommended the SysInspire PST Converter tool.
The reason why you should go with this tool is that the manual method doesn’t support the conversion of big and corrupt PST files. But with this tool, you can repair corrupt PST file and convert into a single as well as multiple PST files.