In Summary:- If the Lotus notes mailbox gets out of space or in its close state then it will take some time to perform the tasks. To avoid this scenario various users search for ways to reduce mailbox size in Lotus Notes. Hence this article will introduce some solutions to compact mail in Lotus Notes.
There are various IBM Lotus Notes users who use it for sending and receiving various emails. And with the period of time, they start getting out of space because every email client mailbox has a specific size to store data.
And when the Lotus Notes database size exceeds quota limit they starting receiving various errors. Some of them I shared below.
Errors when Lotus Notes Database Size Exceeds Quota Limit
As I told you before Lotus Notes can store the data at certain specific size limits. When this limit exceeds users start receiving errors.
If you want to confirm your Lotus Notes database quota limit size exceeds then you might see the below errors:-
“Cannot allocate database object- Database would Exceed its Disk Quota”- This message means you can not further add items to your default mailbox. But it allows you to view the mailbox database even users can send or receive emails.
“Warning, database has exceeded its size warning threshold”- Here it enables the users to manage the mailbox size by freeing up some space. So that in the future you will not further receive the error while storing data on Lotus notes mailbox.
So to rectify these errors you can follow the methods provided below with complete instructions.
Recommended Automated Solution- Reduce Mailbox Size in Lotus Notes
If you don’t want to delete the important emails and don’t have a technical background then you should apply this automated solution. Here you need to convert the Lotus Notes NSF file into PST and transfer all the unrequired or other data to that PST file.
And the tool which is required to perform NSF file Conversion into PST format is SysInspire NSF to PST Converter. This tool is free to use but for the advanced feature, you need to upgrade towards its premium plan.
After transferring the lotus Notes mailbox data file into the PST file you can delete the folders that you transferred in the PST file. And whenever users like to view the data stored in a PST file they can open this PST file in Outlook.
The best part of this tool!
If users like to access the Lotus Notes mailbox data in other formats they can do it too. The tool offers various conversion formats which are EML, HTML, PST, MBOX, vCard, ICS, EMLX, Zimbra, and MSG.
Manual Solutions to Manage Lotus Notes Mailbox Size
In this given section I will share different ways with you to compact mail in Lotus Notes so you can maintain mailbox size.
Solution No.1- Settings Quota Mailbox Size Limit
[Caution] This method can be difficult for various users you have to be technically skilled to perform these steps.
This technique is useful if you’re Lotus Notes mailbox limit is not exceeded. Basically, it is used for the purpose of managing the Lotus Notes database. By doing this setting you can store data on a specific limit specified by you.
- In starting visit the Domino administrator client and go to files.
- Now tap on the mail option and choose the mailbox which is in the close state of exceeding storing limit.
- Then visit tools and click database then quota.
- A new window opens up to look for the option set database quota to check the option and give the value.
- Under the option of Set warning thresholds to provide the value when you want to warn at a certain limit.
- At last click, the OK button and the task gets completed.
Complete Guide who want to Fix No Sitemap Found Error in Lotus Notes
Solution No.2- Using Lotus Notes Compact Inbuilt Utility
- Launch the Lotus Notes email client and visit the file menu > Database.
- Hit on the properties.
- In the next window tap on information and select the compact button.
Drawbacks with the Manual Approach
- You need to be technically aware if you like to compact mailbox size in Lotus Notes. It is not an easy task for any non-skilled person.
- If you want direct and quick solution then this method is not for you by any means. Here you need to perform various steps and are not capable to give satisfying results.
In place of going with manual methods where you need to risk your important data and delete the emails you can look for automated solution. Simply convert the NSF file data into PST and free up space from Lotus Notes mailbox.
And to professionally convert NSF to PST use the SysInspire NSF to PST Converter tool. In demo version you can convert maximum 25 items of a single NSF folder into PST file.