Are you looking for the way to recover deleted OST file database? If that’s the matter then you landed in the right place. You can recover OST deleted emails and other items by using the SysInspire professional tool.
Therefore through this blog post you will also get the manual ways that will help you to recover OST file data.
What is an OST file?
OST file is an offline storage table used to store large amount of data like emails, messages, calendars etc. OST file allows the users to work even in the offline mode and when the connection comes back all the changes get synchronized with Exchange server.
Manual Ways to Recover Deleted OST file
Below we mentioned the various methods to restore deleted OST file you can go with any method:-
Method 1. Restore OST File using CMD Method
Before following the below steps its my duty to inform you these manual methods have chances of data loss. And from my opinion you should not use this method for the recovery of important data.
- Press Windows+R and type CMD in the box
- Now put “chkdsk, ‘drive letter’ /f” in the window of CMD and press enter
- Here you need to click Y key and then click enter
- Then put this command F:\>attrib -h -r -s /s /d *.* and press enter button
Also take a look on related queries:-
Method 2. Restoring Data using Re-cycle Bin Method
This method can recover OST file data but it has a chances of losing data. And it doesn’t work if the OST is corrupt. So you can try the tool in term of using this method.
- First, open the recycle bin
- Then choose the files that you like to restore
- And right-click on the file selected by you and tap the restore button
Drawbacks of the Manual Method
- Huge risk of losing data
- Does not guarantee to provide accurate result
- Complicated process for the non-skilled person
- Gives errors during the process of recovery
No worries we have the best solution to restore deleted OST file data is to use SysInspire OST Recovery software. This software allows the users to recover OST files either the OST file is corrupted or not.
Restoring OST File Using SysInspire Tool
- First download and open the SysInspire software
- Select the OST file of which data you like to recover
- The software scans the file and gives a preview of OST file data
- Select the folder’s items that you like to restore and press the convert button
- Here choose the conversion format according to your need and press the convert button
- At last, it will give you a confirmation message.
Here we covered both the manual and automated approaches to recover deleted OST file. If you have an important data and want a quicker result then user should go with SysInspire OST recovery software. Also we mentioned the limitation with the manual method. At last its your choice to go with any method.