In Short:- Read this whole article to easily shift from IBM lotus notes to Outlook. The only thing you need to is to follow the steps listed here that help to convert Lotus Notes to Outlook PST. Also know the most common reason that force users to use the Outlook.
Both Lotus Notes and Outlook are the best platforms for the smooth communication of emails. Lotus notes make the synchronization in the Lotus Domino server and use NSF format for saving the data. On the other hand Outlook makes the synchronization with the Exchange server and uses EDB file format.
Due to certain reasons users of Lotus notes like to shift towards Outlook. If Lotus notes users like to access the features of an Outlook they need to convert Lotus Notes to Outlook PST. After this, you can work with Outlook and enjoy their features.
The conversion process can be very complicated for the users. Hence we covered both the manual and automated professional solution which helps to export emails from lotus notes.
Reasons to Export Lotus Notes to Outlook
Following are the reasons that make Outlook more important than Lotus Notes:-
- Sometimes users like to access the data of Lotus notes in the system where Outlook is already installed.
- If the Lotus notes is not able to run on the other system. MS Outlook supports to work on all windows system so user can convert NSF file to PST for accessing NSF data.
- Usually perform NSF to PST conversion for taking the backup.
- Users can work with the files of Outlook even in the offline mode but lotus notes don’t provide the feature.
Related Post:- Fix No Sitemap Found Error in Lotus Notes
Method to Convert Lotus Notes to Outlook PST
So following are the working steps of the manual and automated method you can go with any approach according to your need.
The manual method is divided into two steps lets move to the process to know them properly.
Step 1- Export NSF to CSV
- Start IBM Lotus notes application.
- Visit the file bar and select open > Lotus notes program.
- In next window select NSF file from the browse option and hit open button.
- Tap on export. And provide name of the file, location.
- Under save as type choose Comma Seperated Value.
- Now choose the needed options from the list of available options and tap ok.
- The data gets transfered into CSV file and saved to the location specified by you.
Step 2- Import CSV into Outlook
- Start the MS Outlook application.
- Visit file> Open & Export > Import/Export.
- Choose Import from another program or file option and click next.
- Under select file type option choose Comma Separated Values.
- Tap on browse and select the destination for exported CSV file.
- Choose any folder where all the exported data gets store.
- At last tap finish to complete the process.
Professional Automated Method
Try this perfect SysInspire NSF converter tool to perform the smooth migration of Lotus Notes data to Outlook. This utility enables you to save the resultant file into various formats such as HTML, EML, ICS, vCard, MBOX, and many others.
Any type of new user doesn’t face issues while running this tool because of its best user interface. And provides a preview of NSF mailboxes before performing NSF to PST Conversion.
Steps to Convert NSF to PST
- Start SysInspire NSF Converter tool.
- Choose the NSF file you like to export into PST.
- Now you’ll get the live preview of NSF mailbox folders. Choose the needed folder and tap convert.
- Select PST file as a conversion format and provide the location where you liked to save it.
If you have important data in your NSF file and want to quickly convert Lotus Notes to Outlook PST go with an automated method. If you are familiar with Outlook and have good professional skills you can use the manual method. Remember manual method has huge chances of data loss.