In this write up we are going to cover the techniques which are very useful to extract Exchange database to PST. So it becomes necessary for the user to stay with this depth post. Plus we shared the reasons that force users to export Exchange mailbox to PST.
The Exchange server plays an important role in the big organizations for supervising all the incoming and outgoing emails and other tasks. And all this data gets saved in the .edb file name format. That’s why the EDB file is necessary for the proper working of the Exchange server.
Now the problem is the EDB file is prone to various errors it is not an error-free file. And to face any data loss situation the Microsoft provides some inbuilt feature to convert EDB to PST. Also, we suggested the superb automated tool that helps you to accomplish this extract task.
User needs to Export Exchange Mailbox to PST
- Sometimes due to some legal compliance company needs to share its database with the government. So if you have all that data in PST format you can share the information without any trouble.
- For taking the backup of EDB file database users extract EDB data into PST.
- To quickly share the information of data to other person. And for migrating to other email client.
- Increasing the performance by moving some mailbox data from EDB file.
- If EDB file gets damaged and you want to access the data stored in it.
Now let’s move to the process to extract data from EDB file. You will get both automated and the manual method below.
Process to Extract Exchange Database to PST
Following are the method to extract EDB file data just follow the step-by-step guide to complete the process.
Method 1- Use Microsoft ExMerge Utility
This utility works by extracting data of mailbox from an Exchange server to another mailbox of another Exchange server. Let’s go to the steps to know more:-
- Download and launch the exmerge utility by Microsoft.
- In first screen you will get 2 options just select Extract data from an Exchange Server Mailbox option.
- Enter the required profile details and hit on next.
- Just set all the filters according to your requirement and click apply to begin the process.
Note:- This method is not very useful for all the versions of the Exchange server. It is only workable for the older versions of the Exchange server and has a high risk of data loss.
Solution of Common EDB file Error:- Fix Exchange Jet Error 1811
Method 2- Professional Solution to Extract Mailbox from EDB to PST
This software is one solution to all your problems related to the EDB files. It offers various functionalities from repairing EDB file to the conversion of EDB files into various formats like EMLX, MSG, EML, PST, and HTML.
And you don’t need to take tension about your EDB file data it maintains the folder structure during the whole conversion process. And user can get a preview of mailbox data before converting to convert the folders selectively.
Let’s understand better the software working:–
- Start the SysInspire EDB to PST Converter on your machine.
- Choose the EDB file (which mailbox data you like to extract) from the add file option.
- Tap on browse button to make the selection of EDB file and tap next to move further.
- Now all the mailboxes of choosen EDB file gets displayed on the screen at left corner. Check the mailboxes you needed and click export file.
- Choose the PST file as an conversion format. With the browse button specified the location to save resultant file.
- Tap start export button to start the process.
Now users can extract Exchange database to PST with the guidance of the method given in this article. This process helps the users to migrate data from one email client to another. In the manual method, there are various restrictions and disadvantages so it’s better to use the automated solution. And SysInspire tool is free from any viruses it doesn’t harm your system files.