Lotus Notes and Outlook both provide the best platform for making email communication outside or inside the organization. And both mail clients have different formats of storage. Lotus Notes saves the data in the NSF file formats whereas Outlook saves the same in PST format. Lotus notes are quite complicated to be handled whereas Outlook files are often considered to be beneficial for organizations due to their interactive user interface. And if any user wants to work with Outlook so they need to convert lotus notes NSF file to Outlook PST.
So in this Blog Post, I will share with you the best methods which are used to Export Lotus Notes Emails to Outlook. We will cover both automated and manual methods you can use any method according to your comfort.
Related Post:- How to Repair Lotus Notes Database?
Why Users Export Lotus Notes Database?
There can be various reasons behind the convert NSF file to PST but below are the most common causes:-
- The better user-friendly interface of Outlook compared with Lotus Notes helps the non-skilled user to work with them
- MS Outlook gives the best security feature and also protection of files
- For doing multitasking the Outlook provides a better interface as compared to Lotus Notes
- The MS Outlook holds the feature to hold the larger capacity of data
- You don’t need to concern about the security of data the Outlook is self-responsible for it
Methods to Export Lotus Notes contacts, email to Outlook
There are two methods to export NSF file to PST first one in manual and second is automated method. So in first we will cover the manual method lets get start.
There will be 2 stages in the manual method, In the first stage, you need to export NSF file to CSV and after import the exported file into Outlook.
Stage 1: Export Emails from Lotus Notes to CSV File
- In first install and open the Lotus Notes application
- Click on the File option from the menu bar
- Then browse the location where the file gets saved
- Click the export button to start the process
- You can select between the “Tabular Text” and “Structured Text”
- Now click on the save as a type button and choose CSV (comma-structured value).
- Here, the export data gets saved into a CSV file.
Stage 2: Import CSV file into MS Outlook
- Open MS Outlook on your desktop
- Click on the import and export option under the file menu
- Then the import and export wizard will get open, click next to move further
- Now select the CSV (comma-separated value) and tap on next
- Select the save path location of the CSV file
- Select the destination folder of outlook to save the imported data and tap next to finish the process.
Disadvantages with the manual method
The manual method does not guarantee the user to export emails from lotus notes with maintaining data integrity. There is a higher chance of occurrence of failure due to human error.
- The manual method doesn’t allow the user to export lotus notes emails of large size
- It is a very time-consuming process and always required a person to watch out for the process
- High risk of data loss during lotus notes export process
- A requirement of professional knowledge to work with manual method
Outlook Export Lotus Notes Mail to PST with Professional Tool
This SysInspire NSF to PST Converter tool helps to export emails from Lotus Notes into Outlook including all its elements. It comes with great advanced features that will make the export lotus notes database process simple.
Features of SysInspire NSF to PST Converter
- Transfers all sorts of Lotus Notes email messages, contacts, calendars, etc. from the Lotus Notes NSF file into Outlook
- The NSF email properties can be easily transferred including the to, bcc, time, date, subject, images, and all other attachments
- Provide the user lotus notes emails preview in RTF format before continuing the conversion of NSF to PST
- No need of installing the MS Outlook in the device to export NSF file to PST
- Supports to work with all versions of Windows OS
How it works?
- Download the SysInspire NSF to PST Converter software and open it
- Select the NSF file from the file menu
- It begins the scanning process to fix any error in the NSF file
- Then you will see the preview of mail items to export the lotus notes database selectively
- After that, you will see a window where you can select the conversion format of the NSF file and then click on the convert button to start the process
- At last, you will see a window with the message conversion completed successfully.
So here we discussed both manual and automated approaches to Export Lotus Notes Emails to Outlook. The manual method has many restrictions so it is better to go with professional NSF to PST Converter software. This software also provides a free trial version for the comfort of the user. in the demo version, you can convert 25 items from each folder.