Gmail account users want to keep their personal data locally for multiple reasons. Several users who want to take backup of Gmail emails, prefer to transfer/export Gmail Emails to MBOX files. If you are a user looking for a solution to the backup job in a simple manner, then this is the place where you will get your answer.
Gmail is a web-based application that enables individuals to access and manage their email accounts from web browsers. Because of Google’s Gmail service email is now the major mode of communication for both individuals and organizations.
Gmail allows users to safely send and receive emails from cloud servers. Google provides 25 GB storage space on cloud servers where it stores all the data associated with a Gmail account including- emails.
Why export Gmail emails to MBOX files?
Exporting Gmail emails to MBOX format can be useful for several reasons:
- Backup and Data Preservation: MBOX is a widely used file format for storing email messages. By exporting Gmail emails to MBOX, you create a backup of your emails that you can easily access and restore in the future. It also helps you in case of accidental data loss, account compromise, or switching to a different email service.
- Email Migration: If you want to switch from Gmail to another email service or client that supports MBOX format, exporting your Gmail emails to MBOX can simplify this migration process.
- Offline Access: MBOX files users can read offline using email clients that support this format. This can be beneficial if you want to access your emails without an internet connection.
Quickly Export Gmail Emails to MBOX Files
The most professional way to export Gmail account emails to MBOX files is to use an automated tool called SysInspire Gmail Email Backup software. Using this fast approach, users can safely export an infinite quantity of emails from their Gmail account to MBOX files.
It securely transfers all emails with attachments from the user’s Gmail account to MBOX files with ease and effortlessly. Also, it provides a variety of advanced features to make Gmail email backup process much easier like- a mail filter, folder selection, and more.
How to use Gmail Backup Software to transfer Gmail Emails to MBOX Files?
Download and install the Gmail Backup Software on your Windows PC, then follow the steps below: –
- On your Windows PC, run the SysInspire Gmail Backup Software.
- Enter your Gmail Account Email Address and Google App Password, then press the Login button.
- Inside the software, extract and load all message folders from your Gmail account.
- Select the necessary folders and then select an option from the Export Options menu.
- Save in Single MBOX: – Extract all emails from your Gmail account’s mail folders and save them in a single MBOX file.
- Save in Separate MBOX: – Extract/Save emails from a separate mail folder to separate MBOX files.
- Apply the mail filter option, and choose a place for saving the resultant files from your drive.
- Click the Save Backup button and export the selected Gmail account’s mail folders to MBOX files.
Following these procedures, you will get all of your Gmail account’s mail folders as MBOX files in the place you specified on your drive.
SysInspire Gmail Email Backup Software Advanced features: –
- Download both Google Workspace/Gmail Account emails to your local drive as MBOX files.
- Offers two ways to export and save Gmail mail folders to MBOX files – “Save to single MBOX” or “Save to Separate MBOX”.
- Transfer emails from the whole Gmail account mailbox folders, including- Sent Mails, Inbox, Junk Mail, and so on.
- Emails from your Gmail account export with all of their email Meta information and formatting.
- You may also export Gmail emails to PST, EML, EMLX, MSG, HTML, MBOX, PDF, MHTML, and other file formats.
- Get the mail filter by date option to export emails from your Gmail account of specific days.
- Manually select a place on your local drive to save downloaded emails.
- Works on all Windows versions, including Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP, Vista, and others.
Users will need to take backup of their important data from their Gmail or Google Workspace accounts to MBOX files on many occasions. Users who wish to perform the same task can do it simply by following the steps shown above. Download and use the free demo edition of SysInspire Gmail Backup software to simply back up your Gmail emails to MBOX.