In addition to emailing process, emails clients like- Outlook and Lotus Notes also provides the facility to manage and store contacts/address books. But sometimes, users come in situation where they requires to switch from Lotus Notes to Outlook. While migration users also needs to Export their important data items and addressbook. So with this blog post, we will describe the process, How to Import Lotus Notes Address Book to Outlook?
Lotus Notes is a great application that is available for users for mainly doing the emailing process. With emailing Lotus Notes also offers users to do some other tasks like managing contacts, calendars, etc. That’s why many large enterprises use this application for emailing as well as managing contacts/address books.
In various cases, users require to Export their Lotus Notes Contacts/Address books to MS Outlook client. But to perform this task they face different kinds of problems due to incomplete knowledge. In this blog, we will sort out all users problems. Because here we will explain the technique of Importing Lotus Notes Address Books to Outlook step by step. Before that let’s check some of the cases where the users need to transfer contacts from Lotus Notes to Outlook.
Also Read:- How to Take Backup of Lotus Notes Emails?
Why do Users need to Import Lotus Notes Contacts to Outlook?
- In a case where the user is unable to access data from Lotus Notes application because of a corruption error, users decide to Export Lotus Notes data items/contacts to MS Outlook.
- Outlook has more features as compared to Lotus Notes that’s why users want to switch to Outlook. With migration users also needs to transfer Contacts/Address books from Lotus Notes to Outlook.
Solutions to Import Lotus Notes Contacts to Outlook?
Both Lotus Notes and Outlook offers to save/manage contacts but directly moving address book from Lotus Notes to Outlook is not possible. The reason is Lotus Notes uses .nsf files to save contacts, but on the other hand, outlook uses data file PST. In addition to PST, Outlook also supports CSV files for importing contacts items. Users can try the methods of Exporting Lotus notes contacts in CSV files & then import CSV files in MS Outlook.
This method is manually possible but it will only work if you have a Lotus Notes account and NSF files is in working condition. From corrupt NSF files, users will get problems while exporting their contacts items.
The manual method is not the right choice for every person, so the recommended solution is to try to Convert NSF to PST files directly with automated third party software.
Automated Software to Convert Contacts NSF to Outlook PST
Users must try SysInspire NSF to PST Converter Software for the case where they need to transfer their contacts to Outlook. This is the best utility that allows users to quickly extract contacts from all kinds of NSF files with a quick process. Easily export contacts from NSF file with all names, addresses, email addresses, and other information using this tool. In addition to PST files, the user can also Convert NSF to another format such as CSV and vCard for contacts saving using this single tool.
How to Import Lotus Notes Address Book to Outlook with NSF to PST Converter?
- Download, install and open the NSF Converter software to your machine.
- Press Select NSF button from the first screen to add NSF file in the software.
- Choose the conversion mode from the options Single or Bulk File conversion and hit on Next.
- Select Lotus Notes NSF file (Contact items) from its location and add the software panel and hit the Start Scanning button.
- Extract all folders from NSF files and get a preview of all inner elements from NSF file.
- Choose required folders from NSF and hit on Convert NSF button.
- Now select PST file from the conversion options list, and choose the destination path to resulted file.
- Next hit on Convert and start the Export process of Lotus Notes Contacts items.
After the Export process user will get a new PST file with entire Lotus Notes contacts with complete information. Now the next step is simply open or import this PST file directly in MS Outlook to access all Lotus Notes Contacts. In this way, a user can easily Import Lotus Notes Address Book to Outlook.
For Importing Lotus Notes Contacts directly to Outlook the best technique is to Convert OST to a readable PST file. The complete this process with ease in the above write up we provided the complete steps. Users can smartly use Lotus Notes Contacts Converter and transfer their Lotus Notes address book to Outlook in a quick manner.