Lotus notes save all its data items like addresses, emails, calendars in NSF file format. And these mailbox items get saved at a particular location having a user id. And if a user likes to open their Lotus notes application they need to provide login details.
But unfortunately, in some cases, users forget the login password in this case they need to change Lotus Notes password. Therefore you need to watch out for this entire article giving the top 2 ways to reset Lotus Notes client configuration.
Lotus Notes Password Change with 2 DIY Techniques
Every lotus notes user gets a client id in formats like firstname_lastname.id or User. id and it is saved in the default path location where lotus notes are stored. Whenever users want to access their NSF file they need to provide login details for accessing the file.
And by chance you forget the password then you don’t need to worry! Here we shared the best 2 methods to reset password in Lotus Notes.
Method 1. Change Password in Lotus Notes
- Start your Lotus notes program and visit the file section.
- Now go to security than user security and enter the password of Lotus notes.
- Visit security basics and click change password option available just below the Your Login and Password Setting section.
- Now provide the password you used previously for logging in. And in the new window give a new password and click OK.
Also, Read these Related Articles:-
Method 2. Lotus Notes Password Reset With Domino Administrator
This method is beneficial when the user forgets their Lotus notes password. Here you need to take the help of a domino administrator for unlocking the NSF password.
Note:- This trick is useful when an NSF file is located in the Shared Network Folder.
- Go to your Lotus application and gives the login id and password.
- As soon you enter the wrong password a recovery windows pop up. Where you need to click on Password Recovery button.
- Here select the lotus notes id which is required for Lotus notes password change. The format of Lotus notes id is like firstname_lastname.id or user.id.
[Caution] It is necessary for you to remember the Notes id to reset the Lotus notes password.
- Choose any specific Recovery Administrator entities from the available list and tell them to help for password recovery.
- Under the enter password section put the 16 character password given by the administrator.
[Note] After putting in the correct recovery password instantly id file opens up so you can change Lotus Notes Password.
- At last, give a new password in the available field and click OK.
Administrator Working Process to Offer Recovery Password
At times when users reach to administrator related to password recovery issues then it means to change notes id password. The administrator helps the users by these steps:-
- Visit server-based ID recovery database.
- Look for the latest backup id of the user and derives it in a temporary directory.
- From the Domino Administrator click Configuration- Certification- Extract Recovery Password.
- In the next window give your own Administrator password.
- Now the administrator receives 16 characters long password that they will send to the user.
Hence in this article, we enlisted all the possible ways that you can use to reset lotus notes client configuration. If you like to shift towards the alternative client of Lotus notes you can look to shift towards Outlook. And for moving your NSF file data into Outlook PST files you can use the SysInspire NSF to PST Converter tool. This tool can convert whole NSF file data into PST with preserving all email properties.