MS Outlook is one of the most recommended desktop applications by every user for emailing. It has various different advanced features and a clean interface to perform emailing tasks with ease and security. In addition to mailing service Outlook also provides the facility of creating managing user’s contacts, calendar, etc.
But the limitation to this emailing application is it is a desktop-based application. With this application, a user can only access their email account from a single machine. Also, the Outlook application takes a lot of space from users machines to save users data locally.
To solve these problems Microsoft has launched its new service known as Outlook.com/Outlook Web Access. This is a web-based application that allows users to access their data from any location in the world from any device. Also, Outlook.com saves all users mailbox data on cloud servers by which users can save a lot of space from their local drive.
After the launch of the Outlook.com service, now most Outlook desktop users are want to switch to this service. If you are also want to switch from Outlook to Outlook.com then you get your best solution by reading this blog post. Continue reading and get your answer.
Benefits of Migration from Outlook Desktop to Outlook.com?
- Outlook web access is a cloud-based service that provides more features as compared to Outlook desktop application.
- With Outlook.com a user can access their email account from any location with any device without any problem. On other hand using Outlook desktop users become unable to do this.
- In addition, Outlook.com save the whole user’s mailbox data on a cloud server which helps users to manage space from their local drive.
What is the method to Import OST file to Outlook.com?
Outlook saves all users mailbox data in data files like- OST and PST locally in the user’s machine. This file contains all users important data like- emails, contacts, calendars, and other items. A quick solution for migration is to import OST file to Outlook.com account.
But the direct option for importing OST files is not available in the Outlook.com service. So, users must go with automated solutions like- SysInspire OST Converter Software.
This utility will allow users to migrate unlimited OST files in a single process to Outlook.com. For migration, it only requires OST file and your Outlook.com account login credentials, and automatically transfer the complete data of users.
Steps to Import OST to Outlook.com using SysInspire OST Converter
- Download OST Converter tool on your machine and launch it for the migration process.
- Press the Select OST button from the welcome screen of the software.
- Choose Single File Conversion or Bulk File Conversion mode, and then hit the Next button.
- Add single or multiple OST files in the software and press the Start Scanning button.
- Extract all data get a preview of data items from OST files and make a selection of required folders.
- After this, click the Import to Cloud >> Import OST to Outlook.com button.
- Enter login details of your Outlook.com account email ID and Password.
- Apply mail filter option and hit on Convert to start importing Outlook desktop to Outlook.com/Outlook Web Access account.
After the migration process completion, user can easily open their Outlook.com and check all data of Outlook desktop easily.
There is a large number of users who needs to switch from Outlook desktop to Cloud applications. For them, Outlook.com is one of the best options. Users can directly migrate from Outlook to Outlook.com by following the above-mentioned technique. If you want to first try the OST Converter software to check its functions, then simply download its demo edition. With the demo version of SysInspire OST Converter, all users get the facility to import 25 items from each folder of OST file to Outlook.com account with no charges.