The MS Outlook and Lotus notes are some of the most used email platforms. It allows you to manage your emails. contacts, calendars, and many more at a single place.
And if you are working in Lotus Notes and want to access its calendars in Outlook there is only a single way to do it. You need to export Lotus notes calendar to Outlook for accessing the calendars in Outlook.
Now it becomes important for you to stay with this article. Because here we shared some useful techniques to sync Lotus Notes calendar with Microsoft Outlook. Let’s start.
Why Users Sync Lotus Notes Calendar with Microsoft Outlook?
The reasons can vary user to user so lets understand with recent queries of users.
Usually, I manage all my information like emails, calendars in Lotus Notes but due to some reason, I had to shift towards Outlook. And now am stuck because I don’t the process to share Lotus notes calendar with Outlook. So please tell me the way so I can use my IBM calendar in Outlook.
My seniors told me to shift from Lotus Notes to Outlook with all the data store in IBM. Then I applied various methods to export Lotus notes calendar to Outlook but nothing work for me. Kindly help me to accomplish this task.
Process No.1- Manually Transfer Lotus Notes Calendar to Outlook
To operate this method you don’t need to pay any charges. Just follow the below steps to perform the export task.
There are 2 stages for syncing IBM calendar with Outlook. So don’t get confused.
Stage 1-Convert Lotus Notes Calendar into ICS Format
- Open the IBM Note app and Go to the calendar
- Tap on the file button. You will see a new screen you need to tap on the Export button
- Now under the export dialog window give a name to the new calendar file. And from the save as option select the file type as .ics format. Click the Export button.
- You will get another preview here select the All Documents radio option and hit ok.
Now you got the IBM calendar file in ICS format now lets import it in the Outlook.
Stage 2- Importing Resultant ICS File into MS Outlook
Here for importing ICS File we will take the help of Outlook inbuilt feature Import & Export. Now go to the process:-
- Start an MS Outlook program
- Visit the File > Open > Import button
- A new window will appear. Select iCalendar (.ics) and click next
- Choose the ICS file created in stage 1 and press OK
- At last, select the import option.
Process No.-2- Exporting Lotus Notes Calendar to Outlook With Tool
If you don’t want to fall in manual circles this automated SysInspire NSF file converter tool can be the best choice.
The manual way is a very complicated process and sometimes it get stuck while performing the task. And this NSF file converter helps you to export NSF file calendar into Outlook in a few mouse clicks.
This tool gives a separate feature to convert only the IBM calendar files to ICS format. And when you get the calendar in ICS format you can follow stage 2 to import into Outlook.
Functioning of Lotus Notes Calendar Conversion into ICS
- After launching the tool tap on the select NSF file.
- Now the software load all the folders of the selected NSF file. Here you need to select only the calendar folder.
- Click on convert and select the ICS file button under a Lotus notes calendar conversion option.
- And tap converts to start the conversion process.
After getting the Calendar file in ICS format you need to import ICS file into Outlook. Do this by following the steps of stage 2.
Also Read This:- Solution to Fix No Sitemap Found Error in Lotus Notes
Features of NSF File Converter
This software comes with various functionalities and below I have shared its some of the advanced features:-
- Enables the users to export various NSF file calendars at a single time
- Provides a live preview of NSF file items before making the conversion
- Capable to work with every version of Lotus notes
- No chances of losing data
- Provides a free trial version of the tool to all the users.
If you came across here it means you have very important data on the calendar. So here in this guide, we discussed the process which is very beneficial for exporting IBM calendar to Outlook.
Keep in mind there is no time limit on the manual technique it can take a huge time to give the end result. On the other hand, the automated tool gives accurate and quick results.