From this guide, we will explain in brief the complete step-by-step process to export Lotus Notes contacts to CSV. You can easily found various manual techniques on the internet that claims to export contacts of Lotus Notes. But these techniques are not reliable there are always chances of losing data.
Therefore because of these drawbacks users, first preference needs to work with a third-party tool named as SysInspire NSF Converter.
Lotus Notes is a very popular email client because of its functionalities. It can manage emails, contacts, tasks, etc, and save them into a single NSF file. And when the data amount gets larger users look for ways to manage the size and they export Lotus Notes contacts to CSV. Apart from the data limitation, there can be other reasons behind this export task.
Let’s take the user query to get more understanding of the need for this export task.
Hey am Robinson, I am managing all my contacts in the Lotus Notes email client for few years. Now I have a huge database of contacts in my Lotus Notes and also saved contacts of my business clients. Am always worried about data corruption I don’t want to take any risk so now am looking for a way that can allow me to directly export all Lotus Notes contacts into CSV format. So I can manage my contacts on my Excel sheet plus can make a backup of contacts. Please share a proper solution. [Fort Mill,USA]
Is Manual Method Reliable for Exporting Lotus Notes Contacts?
No manual methods are not a reliable and professional solution. If you are thinking to work with the manual method then you should know its drawbacks.
- The first and major drawback of the manual method there is no guarantee that you will get accurate results after performing all the steps.
- Users need to perform various steps and there is no proper guidance available if you are stuck in a single step.
- This is a very lengthy process that demands a lot of time.
- You can see changes in the formatting of your contacts.
Export Lotus Notes Contacts to CSV using Professional Tool
After discussing all the limitations of a manual method I don’ think any user wants to go with this approach. Hence here am giving you the alternate and best solution to export Lotus Notes contacts to CSV.
Just download the SysInspire NSF Converter tool that scans the NSF file and gives you a separate option to convert only the Lotus Notes contact files with the name of names.NSF file. If you don’t have your Lotus Notes contacts in separate names.NSF file then you can choose the NSF file. The software algorithms are capable enough to convert NSF file contacts into CSV files.
Benefits of Using NSF Converter Tool
- Capable to convert whole items of the NSF file like contacts, emails, calendars, and all other items of the NSF file.
- Users can use the batch conversion feature of the tool to convert multiple NSF files in a single process.
- You can get a preview of NSF file data on your screen before starting the conversion of the NSF file.
- After the completion of the process, no changes will be seen in the folder hierarchy & formatting of the emails.
- Gives multiple conversion formats to Export NSF File to EML, PST, MBOX, EMLX, MSG, HTML, etc.
- The tool is compatible to operate with all new or older versions of Lotus Notes 10.0, 9.0.1, 9.0, 8.5, 8.0.2, 7.0, 6.5, and 6.0.
In this entire blog, we gave you a simplified solution so you can easily export contacts of Lotus Notes into a CSV file. This will avoid facing any drawback of the manual method that we shared in this blog. You only need to download the SysInspire NSF Converter and if you are confused about the tool functionality you can check out the working steps of NSF Converter from here.