Are you looking for solutions to remove Encryption from Lotus Notes Database? Then you are in the right place. In this guide I am going to give you the trick that will help you to decrypt Lotus notes mail file.
The data of Lotus Notes mailbox items like calendars, contacts, tasks, emails stored in .nsf file format. Lotus notes administrators use Access Control Lists to protect the NSF data from unwanted users.
If you want to check the file protection just do double-click on the NSF file. If you see the following message then it means the file is ACL encrypted such as:- “You are not authorized to access that database” or “You are not authorized to perform that operation”.
Now at that time, the users search for the method used to decrypt the .nsf file of Lotus Notes. Below we mentioned the method that you can use to perform this task.
Manually Remove Encryption from Lotus Notes Database
Before following the below steps remember you should have good knowledge about Lotus Notes e-discovery and email client basics. Also notes 8.5.X required to be installed on the system of the users.
- At first, you need to replace the user.id file with the user. id that you like to open
- Now start notes clients and open the file of which you like to Remove Encryption
- Tap on the view > Advanced Menu
- Here you need to choose the file that you like to open
- Then tap on the file option > application > New Copy
- At last, browse the location where you like to save the resultant NSF file also provide a name to that file
- Remember to de-select the ACL checkbox
- Tap OK to finish the process.
So by following the steps given above you are capable to open an encrypted NSF file without knowing the password. You can use the above manual techniques whenever you like to remove encryption from the protected NSF file.
In this guide, we mentioned the manual techniques that you can apply to remove Encryption from Lotus Notes Database and decrypt the NSF file. Just follow the steps carefully and remember don’t miss any step it can lead to data loss. I hope you find this article useful.
Get the solution related to below queries:-