If you are looking for the way to import NSF files into Outlook then you came at the right place. Lotus Notes and Outlook both are the most widely used email clients by many organizations. But the users like to migrate from lotus notes to Outlook because Outlook has advanced features and a better user interface.
Through this blog I am going to share with you the proven ways for importing NSF files into outlook. And we will also mention the limitation of the manual method.
But before moving forward lets know the reasons behind why users shift from Lotus Notes to Outlook.
Quick Solution to Import NSF Files into Outlook
- Try the SysInspire NSF to PST Converter software to import NSF file into Outlook with all mailbox items.
For the trial version of the software hit the below button.
Reasons to Migrate NSF files into PST
Here are the most common reasons behind the NSF to PST conversion:-
- In the Outlook users can work in the offline mode without having active connection with Exchange Server
- You will get various plugins in MS Outlook
- There can be any personal reasons like change in the work place
- Outlook provides best User-friendly interface
Manual Way to Import NSF file to Outlook
In the manual method you don’t need to pay any charges its free of cost. And this method is divided into 2 stages given below:-
- Export Lotus Notes Files
- Importing NSF files into Outlook
Stage 1. Export Lotus Notes Files
- Start the IBM Notes application
- Visit the file > open > Select NSF file that you need to export
- Tap on the File > Export
- Then in the next window browse the location to save the resultant file
- Give a name to that file and select the CSV option under save as type
- Tap export to move further
- Now in the next window choose the needed values and tap ok
- So now your resultant CSV file saved in the location chosen by you.
Stage 2. Importing NSF files into Outlook
- Firstly start the MS Outlook
- Go to file > Import/Export > Open & Export
- In the next window choose the Import from another program or file option
- Under import, a file click on Comma Separated Values > next
- Now select the file from the location where you save it by tapping on the browse button and tap next
- Choose the folder of Outlook where you like to save the exported data
- Tap on Finish to begin the importing process. So the file gets imported to the outlook folder chosen above.
Limitations with the Manual Approach
Following are the limitation that you might face while working with the manual method:-
- Lengthy process and also very complicated for novice users
- Always required a person to continuously check its working
- Doesn’t guarantee to keep the data integrity
- Should be knowledgeable about both the email clients.
Using Professional Software to Convert NSF file to PST
You can try this most advanced SysInspire NSF to PST Converter that allows users to Import NSF Files into Outlook with data integrity.
Working of the Software:-
- Download and start the program in your system.
- Select the NSF file that you like to export NSF to PST.
- Then the software displays all the lotus notes mailbox items. Users can select all the folders.
- Now select the PST format from the list of available formats.
- Save the file into a specific location by tapping on the browse button. And tap export to finish the process.
In this blog we listed both the manual and automated method that helps to Import NSF Files into Outlook. If you are facing any difficulty while using the manual approach going with automated tool will be the best choice. You need to expert to operate this tool just follow the steps given in the software.
Get the solution related to below queries:-