Hey! Am Johnson and am a user of Lotus notes but due to some reason, I want to move towards Outlook. Is there any reliable software so I can import the lotus notes database to Outlook without doing any harm to my data.
If you are searching for a solution for the query regarding Import Lotus Notes to Outllook then you landed in the right place. In this blog post am going to discuss with you the best possible ways to make the successful lotus notes to Outlook migration.
But before starting we had to take a look at reasons why users import contacts from lotus notes to Outlook. So let’s start
Lotus Notes and Outlook these both email clients provide the best platform for making email communication between and outside the organizations. But due to some limitations in the features of Lotus notes users are moving towards Outlook. And to shift from the lotus notes platform to Outlook users need to Import Lotus Notes to Outlook.
Get the Quick Solution to import Lotus Notes
- SysInspire NSF to PST Converter software offers the users to convert lotus notes to Outlook in a few steps. Get the free trial version of the software from the below link.
Why users Import Lotus Notes to Outlook?
Here are some reasons behind the conversion of NSF file to PST which are listed below:-
- MS Outlook can be used in offline mode and flexibly works whenever needs
- Outlook gives more importance to the security to keep secure your database
- You can easily manage the database in Outlook because of its easy to use interface
- There is no need to have Expert knowledge to operate Outlook
- MS Outlook enables the users to easily perform multitasking
- Outlook has a large storage capacity compared to Lotus notes
Manually Import NSF file to Outlook
Before the conversion, you need to back-up the files and ensure MS Outlook is pre-installed on your computer system. Let’s start with the conversion process.
- Open Lotus Notes application
- Search for the NSF file that you want to convert and press the open tab
- Visit the file tab and select export
- Now select the location where you want to save the file
- In the save as type option just select the format
- Give a name to the file and click export
- Then you will be asked to select how much data that you wish to export
- You can also select whether you wish to Export NSF file in Unicode format or default character
- When you selected both, press OK.
- So now you completed the process of export NSF file from Lotus Notes.
So Now Import Lotus Notes to Outlook
- Start the MS Outlook application
- Go to the File tab and select the Import/Export option
- Now wizard of Import and Export gets open just click next to move further
- You will see a dialog box where you need to choose the Comma Separated Values option and click next
- Then browse the file which is saved earlier and tap on next
- Click on the browse button to select the location to Import the data
- In the last click on Finish to complete the process
Challenges with the Manual Method
You can convert lotus notes NSF file to Outlook PST but you need to aware of these drawbacks of the manual method which are given below:-
- It is a time-consuming process and also needs a person to check the process
- The requirement of a technically skilled person because it takes lots of steps to Import NSF into Outlook
- High risk of data loss during the conversion process
- Does not guarantee to keep data secured it can lead to data corruption
- Can not support to convert NSF file to PST of large size
If in case you failed to perform the conversion of NSF file into Outlook then there is an best alternative is available in the online market. Use SysInspire NSF to PST Converter software which is created with highly advanced algorithms to securely do the lotus notes database conversion.
With this software, users can import lotus notes to PST without doing any data loss. Moreover, you can try the demo version of it to know about its working.
Converting NSF file to PST with SysInspire NSF to PST Converter
- Download and open SysInspire NSF to PST Converter software
- Tap on the select NSF button to make the selection of NSF file
- Now the software scans the selected NSF file and shows a preview of items stored in the NSF file
- Then just select the folder that you want and click next to move further
- Next, choose the conversion format of the Lotus notes file
- At last software displays, you a message showing conversion completed successfully
In the end, we can say that going with SysInspire NSF to PST Converter will be the best choice for the users. With the help of this software, user can securely Import Lotus Notes to Outlook without having expert knowledge.
And if the size of NSF file is small then you can go with the manual method but remember there is high risk of data loss. In last its your choice to choose any method. I hope you will find this blog post helpful to solve your problem.
Get the solution related to below queries:-