Nowadays all the organization uses email clients to maintain their email communication in between and outside the organization. Every individual email client provides multiple features to their users for managing there emails. So that’s the main reason users like to shift from one email client to other because of its features and many other factors.
So in this article, we will take a vision on the process to export Lotus Notes to Windows Live Mail. But before moving forward firstly let’s know about Lotus Notes and Windows Live Mail.
Overview of Lotus Notes and Window Live Mail
Lotus Notes:- It is a client-server program having IBM Domino as server part and client as IBM notes. This email client has multiple features like browsing, microblogging, instant messaging, file sharing, and many others. The best thing about this email client is its better security feature you can easily say that the lotus notes email client provides better security as compared to any others. Users can encrypt their important emails, messages during the process of sending or receiving emails.
Windows Live Mail:- It is a free email application created by Microsoft. It is the better version of a previous older version of Outlook express. And supports working with Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, and Windows 8, and Windows 10. It gives advanced features like allows to find the sender address, the content of an email, viewing calendars, etc.
Reasons to Migrate Lotus Notes to Windows Live Mail
Following are the most common reasons why the users like to convert NSF to EML format:-
- Because of the Lotus Notes hard to understand user interface many users like to switch from it
- Windows live mail is a free to use email application whereas Lotus notes demand high cost to purchase it
- EML format supports to work with multiple email clients like Windows Live Mail, Thunderbird, Apple Mail, etc
- Migration of the workplace which require Lotus Notes emails in Windows Live Mail,
Manual Approach to Export Lotus Notes to Windows Live Mail
Below we mentioned the steps to migrate Lotus notes database to Windows Live Mail:-
- Start the application of Lotus Notes
- Now choose the needed emails that you like to convert in EML format
- Here visit the file > save as
- Enter the name of the file and click on save.
So after applying the above steps you successfully converted the chosen emails into EML format.
Disadvantages with the Manual Approach
The manual method doesn’t guarantee users to give a reliable result. And it only convert single email of Lotus notes in EML format at a single period of time. And there is no time limit of the process usually it take a lot of time to convert NSF file emails into EML format.
Export Lotus Notes to Windows Live Mail Using the Tool
You can try this SysInspire NSF to EML Converter that allows users to export all databases of Lotus Notes to EML format. And any type of non-skilled users can work with this software by following the below steps:-
- Start the SysInspire NSF to EML Converter and tap on Select NSF to select the NSF file
- Now software give a preview of NSF file items and choose the needed NSF emails
- Here select the conversion format as EML and tap on the convert button
Now all the NSF emails gets converted into EML format.
Import EML File into Windows Live Mail
- On Windows Live mail click on file > Import > Messages
- Now from the given lists of email clients choose Windows Live Mail
- Now select the location where you like to save the resultant file
- Choose the all or required folder and tap next
- Then after the completion of the task tap on the finish button.
There is also another drag & drop method available. Where you need to drag the converted NSF file and drop it into Windows live mail inbox.
Get the solution related to below queries:-