All contacts of the Lotus Notes get saved in the hard drive having a Names.nsf file name. But unfortunately, some users might face problems while accessing their contacts in IBM Notes. The error can be seen in the message form “Lotus Notes Contacts not Syncing”.
So it becomes mandatory for the users to get to know the causes behind the creation of “lotus notes contacts not syncing” error. Therefore through this blog post, I am going to give you the proven solution to fix this lotus notes error.
Here is the Quick Solution
- Try the SysInspire NSF to PST Converter software that helps users to move from lotus notes to Outlook by doing the conversion of NSF file to PST format.
For the trial version of the software hit the below button.
Causes Behind the Lotus Notes Synchronize Contacts Disabled
So below we mentioned the common reasons behind why users can’t Synchronize Contacts with mail file. Here are:-
- An issue in the network
- Improper connectivity in between Notes client and Domino server
- Having error in the Address book file that contains Names.nsf file.
How to Fix Contacts Not Syncing Error?
We can fix “Lotus Notes Synchronize Contacts Disabled” error by syncing local contacts in the Lotus Notes mail file. Just follow the steps given below to sync contacts in Lotus Notes.
- In the first shut down the Lotus Notes program
- All the contacts need to be store in the Names.nsf file. Also here you need to take the backup of Names.nsf file located at :
- C:\Program Files\IBM\Notes\Data\names.nsf is the default location for the Notes names.nsf file.
- Here launch IBM Lotus Notes email client > contacts
- Press Ctrl+A to make the selection of all the contacts
- Now cut the contacts with Ctrl + X command
- Then tap on the file tab > Preferences >> Contacts from the left panel >> Enable “Synchronize Contacts” >> Ok tab
- Now open the replication page by clicking on the Tools and then tap Replicate and Sync All
- And just tap Start Now to start the synchronization of contacts
- Here just watch Lotus Notes Contacts gets synced with mail file or not.
Through this guide, we get to know about the causes behind the creation of Lotus Notes Contacts not Syncing error. And also above we mentioned the steps to fix this issue. And if you find any difficulty while using the manual approach then it is better to move towards the other email client. So to transfer your Lotus Notes contacts to Outlook users can use SysInspire NSF to PST Converter software.
Related Blog Post:-